• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M36A2 fr Lansing to NE Michigan 160 miles

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Waiting for my EUC to be approved.
I have a M36A2 (long bed deuce, 5ft longer than M35A2) about 160 miles away from here. Weight - just over 15k.
I have never driven a deuce and mid January / February around here means snow and ice covered roads, couple that with NDTs.
So I am looking for someone with a low boy to bring her home for me.

or any other good ideas.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suggest you get it hauled. There are plenty of trucking companies. PM me for a list of #s. With all of these trucks being driven out, many without tags or insurance, driving these trucks out is a disaster waiting to happen. A couple of lawsuits later, and this hobby will have been changed into something that we won't recognize. My $.02.

TedG

Hi Bob,
I can get you the phone number of a MI trucking company. OR get tags, insurance & get it over to my place!

I agree with Bruce!

citizensoldier

Maybe your 'EUC will clear by Friday. I could drive it to Teds for you if that helps. That way you can work out trucking. Or if the weather is good and roads clear I will take her north for you.
I have a umbrella on my insurance that covers me in any truck while driving it home. Contractor policy. Check yours you might also. You have 72hrs to get it home in Michigan without tags.

Does it run?
if so grab some ins and drive it.
let me know when it is released and i may be able to wheel for you. Its slowing down a little at work rite now so i may be able to slide out for a day.
I think it was about this time of year when the M820 came home in a snow storm! what do ya think Lane? Road Trip?

citizensoldier

Lets do it!!! Man ! The guy becomes president and wants his trucks delivered for him.. It runs.. It got the clint B test.. cough,,, cough....
One bad thing is if we bring it home thats alot of bed to fill with goodies from Teds house.. or anywhere else we can find stuff.. Maybe a M37 in the back and one in tow..:-D:-D Whats your interest rates on a loan Dave?

Lets do it!!! Man ! The guy becomes president and wants his trucks delivered for him.. It runs.. It got the clint B test.. cough,,, cough....
One bad thing is if we bring it home thats alot of bed to fill with goodies from Teds house.. or anywhere else we can find stuff.. Maybe a M37 in the back and one in tow..:-D:-D Whats your interest rates on a loan Dave?

The excuse im going with is-- we had to fill the bed with parts cause we needed weight for traction. yea thats it we had to for safety reasons.
maybe we can snag another dumb a** snowmobiler on the way!!

Speaking of snow, does this thing have a heater?
oh boy how soon we forget.

Armada

Looks like a heater to me! But hey, it's not like it would be the first time an MV has been driven in a snowstorm without a heater. It would probably be the second..... :twisted:

Attachments

citizensoldier

A winch with no cable.. That wont do us much good if we go in the ditch! Yep she has heat and a window washer too.. I bet it rides nice with the long bed on the back! Oh no what am I getting myself into.. Hmmmmmmm.... Hooohaaaaaahummmmmm... doooohaaaaahummmm... Thats my EUC clear chant... Ok guys all join in for Bob H so we can get this thing for him on Friday..:-D
Did you get anything Armada? Will we see you on friday?

TedG

I'm picking up a truck also so perhaps a convoy to my house is in order! I'll bring my medium towbar just in case...I hope Bob H's euc clears soon!

Also, the lighter you make my property, the happier my wife is!!! I did just sell two pallets of halftrack parts! Now I might have more room indoors for the new one arriving!

zak

I'll be there at 9am Friday, picking up a trailer if anybody needs help. Also I'm headed north from there and can be a chase car if needed and in the right direction

Last edited:

maxim

What the...??? another winter pickup at the Lansing yard?? Lets see, the last time is was 8 degrees. Ya, Bob there is a ton of knowlege out there offering to help out. Ding dang it all I gotta stick around here in another commitment... Remember the BillP recovery. We spent a lot of time conferming the trucks were ready for the trip home and if there ain't nobody more parinoid about a safe operating vehicle before taking it down the road than me.
...But on a serious note, If the roads are halfway decent, and the beast is mechanically sound with someone in chase with some spares and parts you should be good to go. If the roads are crap, take up TedG's offer to move to his place, it's not far. I shall not forget the day laying out in Ted's driveway in 10 degrees with Citizensoldier fixen lights on the M129 behind the Sandbox Slayer with no turbo!!! All ya need in MI is to have it insured in transit after purchase.

citizensoldier

Party at the GL lot ! Does this qualify as tailgating? I will be there Friday at 9AM too. With the grill and some weenies... lol.
Rattlehead ! What did you get ! Truck ho! I will help anyone who needs it. I am hoping Bobs EUC clears this week.. Bob if your reading this you check your status on the hour! PM me ASAP if it flies and we can get the paperwork faxed to Joe. We all travel better in numbers and if one has issues we can tow bar it to a safe place.
Dave P ! Take the day off and meet me in Gaylord around 6AM with your long underwear on and a good hat.. LOL..

Attachments

Armada

Hey!
That pic of the empty winch spool got me for a second,
till I realized it ain't my truck in that pic!
HEHEHE :twisted: Didn't know if you'd catch that.. lol

Did you get anything Armada? Will we see you on friday?
Nothing for me this time around Lane. I'd go on Friday just for the fun of it but I gots ta work. :(

coeder

I'll be there on Friday as well picking up two trucks. Hope the weather is good. Has anyone contacted Joe yet?;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks