• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M36A2 fr Lansing to NE Michigan 160 miles

ida34

Will someone please explain to Joe the difference between a M1008 and a M1009. He always lists the trucks as M1009 cargo and the blazers as M1008. Did everyone get something except me? I refuse to help at all since you truck hogs did not leave anything for me.

Armada

Will someone please explain to Joe the difference between a M1008 and a M1009. He always lists the trucks as M1009 cargo and the blazers as M1008. Did everyone get something except me?
That would be too much to absorb. And if you bid based on the correct lot number and what's in the pictures you'll get screwed. Wait, that's only if he's giving the winning bid to a buddy or himself..... my mistake.
I can't wait to hear those 2600 HP M35's fire up as well.
Don't feel left out Chuck, I didn't get anything either. However, the cherry MV's are coming up for auction next month. ;-)

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy Moly!!!!!!!
Lane's chant worked :shock:
1st ever EUC sent to battle Creek on 12-24
approved 1-6
Uncertain if I can get off work on short notice for this Friday. :???:

It needed a jump to start back on 12-11 preview day.

ida34

That would be too much to absorb. And if you bid based on the correct lot number and what's in the pictures you'll get screwed. Wait, that's only if he's giving the winning bid to a buddy or himself..... my mistake.
I can't wait to hear those 2600 HP M35's fire up as well.
Don't feel left out Chuck, I didn't get anything either. However, the cherry MV's are coming up for auction next month. ;-)
I figured this comment might draw you out Paul.

TedG

Bob H, if you can get someone to move it off the lot Friday to my office (2.5miles) lot (unsecured), then you can retrieve it over the weekend. Don't forget insurance! PM me if you need directions...

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't see where a serial number is on the invoice or listing.
Insurance people want at least a vin and would also like info like year and manufacturer.
Three things I do not have. ????

Edit:

Ok I see on the invoice it is saying Am General ( the auction page showed US Army TACOM as manufacturer)
There is a # 15 digit # under the lot #
W56U1172720004A
that # is also on the auction page preceded by DTID ??

Last edited:

TedG

On the truck I got, the serial number is on the hood along with reg number. Then below them are the NSN and Wxxxxxxxxxxxxxx number. This W number is not anything like the serial number. example sn: 1111-11111

cruz

I'll be there Friday as well, picking up an 818, sounds like a busy day on the GL lot, and especially at 9 am, I look forward to meeting you all. see you Friday

TedG

You are welcome. Your truck has a full set of manuals & an extra on-off switch! Winch is spooled with wire rope! The toolbox is locked...not by me. Your truck should be a runner & if you leave prior to the next snow event, you should be fine. You are more than welcome to park at my place if need be. I can also help prep it if you wish.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Planning on coming down in the AM, Dave P might ride down with Lane
when is everyone planning on being there?
Appreciate any and all help on this as I am deuce virgin :oops:

Late afternoon weather forecast here is low 20's with 70% chance that it won't snow[thumbzup]
Lansing forecast is snow likely by 10am and definite snow by 1pm

Based on the Lansing weather report I'll shoot for a 9am arrival, will be coming into the area via I-69
Heading out now for some oil, fluids & supplies

TedG

My truck was almost empty on fuel. I brought 5 gallons and some diesel power additive, so make sure you have some...The sooner people leave on Friday the better due to a snow event on the way.

citizensoldier

Leaving at 5:30 to 6 AM.. Should put us there around 9- 9:30 Its snowing pretty good here now and I think it will be a long trip down.. We will see how it goes Bob but if it gets bad maybe ditch at Clints house or Jays parking lot.. Snowstorm driving is not Deuce Virgin territory.
We will help anyone who needs it.

maxim

I shall be awaiting your return for a complete report of the adventure.....I WILL THINK GOOD THOUGHTS ALL DAY....ahhh winter recoveries...
BobH has been wanting a deuce a long time and I wish him the best.

Rattlehead

Made it home by 1pm. After my steering helper got me through the snow in the lot and out to the road, the towed vehicle tracked well all the way until I pulled onto my street. I think a pothole at the corner set it off. Thanks to everyone for the help!

Spent a little time looking over the truck, but mostly just unpacking all the tools that I brought. Tomorrow's another day. Hope BobH has smooth sailing and is enjoying that new beast!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks