• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

not cranking

cucvdonk

My glowplug relay went out and was using ether or pure silcone spray to start only if needed the truck while waiting on new one to arrive. But the other day was getting wood and the front battery grounded out on the battery hold down and now it wont even crank. checkedthe fuses they are good. how do i check the starter relay and whats the easiest way to check the solenoid. or is there anything else i should check on it first? I am goingto go and get the batteries checked make sure didnt kill them.

pigfoot63

Best guess check you ground wire located on core support in front of your front battery, check all your fusable link wires. If you choose you can bypass your stater relay with a length of heavy guage wire at least 12 ga. Grounds are very important on CUCVS. Hope this helps

cucvdonk

Do the lights turn off when hitting the starter? You could of taken out a cable

When you say hit the starter you mean turning the key like your bumping it over? I will have to check that when I can get some one to help me there. But i will let ya know for sure

cucvdonk

Oh and I noticed that generator one is the only one lighting up in the dash generator two light isnt coming on.

cucvdonk

Best guess check you ground wire located on core support in front of your front battery, check all your fusable link wires. If you choose you can bypass your stater relay with a length of heavy guage wire at least 12 ga. Grounds are very important on CUCVS. Hope this helps

How do you go about bypassing the starter relay?

pigfoot63

Jump betwween the two large wires on the starter relay, going from memory I think one is purple and the other is red. Remove the wires from relay before you do this. Key switch should be in run position. A remote starte switch works great fot this.

trooper632

On mine, thought both batteries were good, lights would come on bright but would not crank, changed out starter relays, changed out the starter nothing. Come to find out the front battery was just plain DEAD. Put a new battery in and it started right up. Check both batteries first before you do anything else, it will save alot of time and trouble.

cucvdonk

On mine, thought both batteries were good, lights would come on bright but would not crank, changed out starter relays, changed out the starter nothing. Come to find out the front battery was just plain DEAD. Put a new battery in and it started right up. Check both batteries first before you do anything else, it will save alot of time and trouble.

Thanks I took out the batteries earlier and going to run to town and get them checked now. Maybe that will be the answer to my problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks