• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official Deuce Aftermarket Wheel Thread

Lex_Ordo

I was thinking that might be the case, but it still seems that the valve stem hole in the ring, lines up with the hole on the face plate, and that hole goes through to the inside of the wheel. Look at the pics.
The wheels look great, and I am very interested in updating mine, however I'm just not conceptualizing the valve stem attachment w/out seeing more photos.
Also, I do like having the tube-type radials which came new on my truck so I want to keep them. Firestone T831 11.00R20

chgofiveo

I got mine from C & C Equiptment in Unionville Indiana...
Clinton is a member of this site and has alot of parts for Military Trucks

He has them available...Keeps several in stock
He has them with different offsets so you dont have to flip hubs
I have the 46 inch 395s Michelin tire mounted on them (also got them from Clinton)
Clinton also has all the hardware for them including valve stems
Contact him for pricing at: ccequipment on this site
These rims are AWSOME and look great...I havent had ANY problems with them

Attachments

ccequipment

Thanks, I have hundreds of the modified hemtt wheels in stock to fit the the 2.5 tons trucks. 20x10 wheels with 2" or 7" of backspacing. I also have hundreds of 395/85R20 XML's and about a 100 of the 15.5-R20 XL's and about a 100 of the Goodyear MVT 395's all above tires are good used and I also have about 30 new MVT's left. I also carry the 16.00-R20's in the XZL tread. five-o has the pics above or click on the links below to learn more. Wheels with nuts and orings are $375, valve stems are $10 extra. I ship these out daily by truck freight. Everything I have listed for sale on the internet is in stock ready to ship.

SasquatchSanta

I got mine from C & C Equiptment in Unionville Indiana...
Clinton is a member of this site and has alot of parts for Military Trucks

He has them available...Keeps several in stock
He has them with different offsets so you dont have to flip hubs
I have the 46 inch 395s Michelin tire mounted on them (also got them from Clinton)
Clinton also has all the hardware for them including valve stems
Contact him for pricing at: ccequipment on this site
These rims are AWSOME and look great...I havent had ANY problems with them
Those are good looking wheels.

I know it's being done but would be afraid of putting the big itres on stock wheels. Early this year I lost a good friend when a sidewall on a trailer tire that he was airing up blew. He died before they could get him to the hospital. It only takes one time.

Unforgiven

I'm just curious why the fronts have the thread side facing out but the backs have the studs facing the other way. I think it would look interesting if the backs faced out as well.

jesusgatos

I know it's being done but would be afraid of putting the big itres on stock wheels. Early this year I lost a good friend when a sidewall on a trailer tire that he was airing up blew. He died before they could get him to the hospital. It only takes one time.
Wow. Sorry to hear that. I hope you don't mind me asking, but was he mounting the tire, or just airing it up?

number9

For you guys that make the HEMMIT wheels to fit the Deuce, how does the backspacing of your wheels compare to the wheels on the M35A3? I really like how the A3 wheels sit under the fender on the steer axle. Seems most pics I've seen of modified wheels indicate they sit outside the front fender a bit? Maybe it's just the picture angles or tire tread, I don't know. It'd be nice to hear from those who make them to get a definitive answer though.

chgofiveo

I'm just curious why the fronts have the thread side facing out but the backs have the studs facing the other way. I think it would look interesting if the backs faced out as well.
Thats because of the off set of the rims... Its so all the wheels line up...If I would have flipped the hubs, I could have put the rims like the ones in the front on the whole truck but I like this look alot better

Last edited:

chgofiveo

Sorry to hear that Bro...but that is the EXACT reason I went with the custom HEMTT rims...I didnt want to have any problems.

number9

So, do the Hemmit wheels and M35A3 wheels have the same degree shoulder? ie. 5* or 15*? Wondering if one goes with Hemmit wheels can he run 14.5x20 tires the M35A3 comes with? And vice-versa, if one goes with M35A3 wheels and 14.5x20 tires can he move up to the 395's in the future if decides to do so?

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
aftermarket wheels

Good tread guys, I have to say I'm alittle confused, but keep it coming and I'll reread. I would like to do the same someday. Need to figure which wheel and tire combo first.

Thanks Ron

benand117

i'm lookin at new wheels for my deuce. i've found either hmmtt wheels or i've seen some other wheels that they said are tubeless 900 series wheels. they look like the hmmtt wheels. i was thinking about using the 100dollar man adaptors. doe anyone have advice on which route would work better?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So, do the Hemmit wheels and M35A3 wheels have the same degree shoulder? ie. 5* or 15*? Wondering if one goes with Hemmit wheels can he run 14.5x20 tires the M35A3 comes with? And vice-versa, if one goes with M35A3 wheels and 14.5x20 tires can he move up to the 395's in the future if decides to do so?

Hey chief, I have both here at the house. Let me know next time you drive through and I can show you both. If you are wanting to run 395s, I think you would be better off with Hemtt rims as the A3 style are for MPT tires. They have a smaller shoulder for the tire sidewall to press against. I know some do it, but it doesn't look as good. I have a set of A3 rims if you decide thats what you want.

number9

I had actually posted that before I got the Canadian wheels. I reasoned that with them I could run the 11.00 that came on them, or later step up to a 395 or 14.5 and not have an issue.

After the dismal performance the 11.00 ZXL (or whatever they are) put in in the mud at Haspin this year I wish I had some 395 or even some 11.00 NDT :???: Sure did make me sick when I was stuck trying to leave out that morning and got pulled out - easily - by a truck with dual NDT's on it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It very well could have been air pressure or driver error! hehe. I guess I missed the date you posted. I didn't have the rims at that time.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, do the Hemmit wheels and M35A3 wheels have the same degree shoulder? ie. 5* or 15*?
Both are 5º and almost identical diameter (d1). (see it here..., post #17, second pic.)

Wondering if one goes with Hemmit wheels can he run 14.5x20 tires the M35A3 comes with?
..... I tried to explain why NOT, in that same thread... (post #10 and #17... see drawings)

And vice-versa, if one goes with M35A3 wheels and 14.5x20 tires can he move up to the 395's in the future if decides to do so?
Yes. But to run 395's you would prefer a wheel with 2 or 3 inches less backspace, to avoid rubbing against inner fenders and/or other parts.

G.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks