• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official Deuce Aftermarket Wheel Thread

Unforgiven

What is the off-road advantage of having the fronts & rears track the same?

Stock 4x4's that I've had in the past had different axle widths front/rear for some reason.

beachbummer

please

1. Post up a picture of them.
Below

2. Tell what brand or who made them.
ODIron.com

3. Tell how much they cost.
<$300 at the time, not sure of current pricing

4. Are they available or made to order. Lead time?
Not sure - I had about a 6 week production time in my case

5. Tell what size tire is mounted on them.
15.5/80R20

6. Explain the pros/cons that you experienced.
No complaints on the wheels, seating the tires is a snap IF you use mounting compound
Can you put up the contact info for the wheels?

jesusgatos

What is the off-road advantage of having the fronts & rears track the same?

Stock 4x4's that I've had in the past had different axle widths front/rear for some reason.
Well, with smaller trucks, it's generally accepted that it's desirable to have a little bit wider track-width up front. If the rear track-width is wider than the front, it tends to make trucks understeer. I'm basing this on what I know about desert race trucks and CORR-type short-track race trucks.

kwiksilver

Cool! The whole truck looks good!

Now please go and measure backspace again....:p`

(the way they are mounted you certainly have more than 3.5"....)

G.
Good point. Technically they are 3.5 but are turned around backwards. When I ordered them the plan was to run the rears dish out. I'll measure it.

asgtoolman

Long's wheel and rim. I call them HEMTT knockoffs. 1 piece 20x11 3.5" backspace. hubs flipped 395's I had them drill the 16 holes for 5/8 bolts. Totally changed the look of the wheels with the bolts in them.

These are the same wheels I had them design and build for me in July but with 5.5" backspace.[plate basically centered in the width of the rim and no wheel scrub at front or rear] I painted mine with semi-flat black paint and left the grade 8 "fake" bolts unpainted.
Price was $208.00 each then with 90.00 total shipping.

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Technically they are 3.5 but are turned around backwards. When I ordered them the plan was to run the rears dish out. I'll measure it.
Ahh OK, no need to measure then, I know these rims....:)
If 3.5" was left on the outside (= front-space) and the center plate is 0.5" thick then on the backside you got backspace = 8.25"

G.

Attachments

USArmyMedic07

I got my wheels and tires from Stazworks. 4-5 week build time. Multiple centers and finish options. Shipped from WI where they are made to a terminal near me in CA for $2430 total.

Couldnt be happier.
Put them on with a bottle jack and heavy duty base....by MYSELF....for all of you who say how hard the XZLs are to handle. lol.
Loading one in the back of the truck would be nearly impossible though. If I had to switch out on the road, I may just thermite the bad one and drive on.

Attachments

apm80814

Long's wheel and rim. I call them HEMTT knockoffs. 1 piece 20x11 3.5" backspace. hubs flipped 395's I had them drill the 16 holes for 5/8 bolts. Totally changed the look of the wheels with the bolts in them.
Nice looking truck!!
Couple of questions on your wheels:
1. Did your particular backspacing work out OK with regards to wheel scrub? Would you do it the same again?
2. How much do those rims weigh?

apm80814

Thx, Baxter--

Here are a couple of pics of our '100dollarman wheels'-
They have evolved over the last couple of years to be used with flipped hubs in the rear. These are full plates made of hi quality 3/8" steel bolted on the outside face for perfect backspacing. Along with the 16 wheel bolts holding them, we (or the customer) weld the plate to the outside 1/2 of the wheel on the inside.
We have them in stock.

I may have a slightly biased opinion (LOL!), but I think they are SEXY looking too!
Have you tried this using a FMTV wheel?

dikwks

Has anyone ever used redbarncustoms.net wheels, ran a search and they didnt come up. they say they can make deuce single wheels for $250, but recommend upgrades that run another $250 because the beads are so stiff on the michelins.

USArmyMedic07

I I run the 1600r20 michelins on 20x11 custom wheels from stazworks in Wisconsin. They work great from 10 psi to 80 psi on my bobbed deuce. I would recommend them. The sidewalls flex plenty when you get down under 15 psi. Truck handles the pismo beach sand dunes great at 12 psi. Give stazworks a call, they are worth the call. Wheels are about 300 each, you can pick your center design and color. They will even mount the tires and ship them out to you. My total was right around 3 grand for wheels and tires, shipped.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks