• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

srodocker's "little" project

panzerjunky

Nice truck
Nice work I am redoing mine as we speak and am keeping a picture log so as soon as I get done and figgure how to post pics i will show the results. I was stationed at Ft. Lewis with the 2/75th inf Rangers in the early 80's and have been up the north face of Mt Ranier Man that shot brought back some memories keep up the good work.
Jerry :grd:

srodocker

thanks everyone for checking my rig out. Yea if it was for peoples help i dont think i could have done this alone. Took a day off today so i can get ready for my vacation next week by going to get the gear from the parents woohoo. cant wait to see how it turns out.

Question. should i put a white star or black star or no star on teh side of the door? im going to go with my cousins markings that im naming the truck after

srodocker

okie dokes. so im thinking i'll just paint all my seats the green then when my dad gets the other side done :) and i'll just paint my bows too. you should see it looks so nice :)

Varyag

Hey scott, I used a wagner paint eater on all of my troop seats before I painted. It brought them all down to tan wood. They look really nice now minus just a couple spots. The seats seem to just soak up the 383.

ABN173

Hey scott, I used a wagner paint eater on all of my troop seats before I painted. It brought them all down to tan wood. They look really nice now minus just a couple spots. The seats seem to just soak up the 383.
Scott's dad replaced all the slats with new wood so there is no paint to be "eaten" Thanks for the advice though, On my cucv I just ran over the slats with a hand planer and problem solved.

Last edited:

ABN173

Stencils

Here you go Scotty! 2" unit markings and 1" for the TP/diesel. 5 minutes and a rattle can and she will be up to spec

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Hey Scott there's member from CA that did just that on their front bumper. Looked pretty clean. I think her name was like "Deuces wild" or something like that.

srodocker

ok heres for pics! everything is basically done on the truck except putting passenger seat in and grabbing the stencils from dale and putting those on. also i need to get a bike tire tube and cut it to put around my chains on the tailgate

2hrs of sleep now work at 430 then off at 330 then leave for idaho at 8....

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks