• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

srodocker's "little" project

srodocker

2 coats of paint and 2 coats of liner in the bed. going to 1 of both still this week. and i still have to paint my hardtop. its real glossy red so should i prime it and scuff it? or any products that work good for priming? let me know :)

Attachments

ABN173

2 coats of paint and 2 coats of liner in the bed. going to 1 of both still this week. and i still have to paint my hardtop. its real glossy red so should i prime it and scuff it? or any products that work good for priming? let me know :)
I'd just scuff it with a 80 grit sandpaper

ABN173

It is coming along nicely Scotty, by the way did you have to prep the fuel tank anymore? It was looking rough yesterday.

ABN173

I am really enjoying this thread. thanks for all the good pics. You look good in green.

Thanks Wildbilly, it was/is a fun project I can't wait to see Scott's finished product myself. I see your up in PA my wife is from Shamokin.

-Dale

Scott, I think until you go to 3-color camo a big white star on each door would look cool.

Last edited:

AN/ARC186

All we can figure is they supported a bench or some such at one time. They were installed by the unit that last had the truck as far as I could tell, the cutting and welding that was done to install them looked like someone used a gas axe to hack the holes and then a car battery and coat hanger to weld the pipes in place. Scott bent the better part of a day on my industrial grinder just getting them to the point we could dress them up a bit. He figured he'd leave them since they are part of the trucks history.

ABN173

All we can figure is they supported a bench or some such at one time. They were installed by the unit that last had the truck as far as I could tell, the cutting and welding that was done to install them looked like someone used a gas axe to hack the holes and then a car battery and coat hanger to weld the pipes in place. Scott bent the better part of a day on my industrial grinder just getting them to the point we could dress them up a bit. He figured he'd leave them since they are part of the trucks history.
Anyone else notice they are only on the driver's side?

srodocker

hey all. yea its weird there only on the driver side. i was thinking of the star and the gf asked when im adding the stars...i dunno we'll see. i'll go pick up some scotch pads and some sand paper and im heading out there again today.

Varyag

Awww, my truck's little brother is coming right along.

Those holes confound everyone who look at them. They did a weird hack/spit weld for some chock block holders on mine. Seems that motor pool at Lewis had a guy with a wire feed and an attitude. Took me an hour or two to clean mine up with a grinder.

That thing is looking pretty good, can't wait to see it at the convoy in July.

srodocker

no pics today but did get done doing touch up paint. got the bedliner put in except its a very light coat as i just had limited amount of time and no one else was around. found out the fiberglass top i got i can take off the windows they put in and put my flippable windows in. time for a nap will update tomorrow

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks