• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

full length 4x4 deuce

deuce_09

I've had this idea in my head for a while. I've only seen it done on 1 deuce. When I get my next deuce I want to take the middle axle out and do the 8" lift useing the frame of my donor deuce and instead of bobbing it,I'll move the last axle to the middle of the 3rd section of the bed(approximatley 7' from the front of the bed).then ill go with the 1600r20 XZL's. At 3minutes and 20seconds of this video,it shows what im talking about..[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4PmotYmixE[/media]
Has anyone done this or has thought about this before?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a guy by me building one now, don't know if or how he is going to lift it.

mikew

If you didn't do the 8" lift it would be an easy project, the lift complicates things like steering, etc.

Without the lift, it wouldn't be an expensive project.... one deuce, one set of springs for the rear axle, one modified driveshaft and some big tires.

You could easily spend more money on the tires and wheels than the truck!

deuce_09

i have a donor deuce that has the front springs for the rear axle and the frame for the lift. all i really need is brake lines,driveshafts,rims and tires.i might be missing something...

Kohburn

there is the issue of the stearing link

or are you doing a body lift rather than a suspension lift?

JOAT 0311

Check out my post OD Green Affliction. My 109 is now a 4x4. I did get a custom drive shaft made for the rear 79" w/a center bearing. You should stick with using the 2.5" wide front springs in the rear. I have to fab up the rest of the plates etc for my 3" wide rear springs. I did not lift my frame but there are a couple of members here who have done some real nice lifts on there frames. You will have a very fun truck when you are done.

lavarok

There is a guy by me building one now, don't know if or how he is going to lift it.
Justin's truck should be done in about 2-3 weeks. I am going to take some photos when I see it next week. Guy's name building it is Jerry and it might be him in the original video posted at the start of this thread. It looks really close to a grainy photo I posted a while back of Jerry's truck.

Justin did say the lift is complete, just waiting on some new rims. I didn't bother to ask how they lifted it.

jesusgatos

Check out my post OD Green Affliction. My 109 is now a 4x4. I did get a custom drive shaft made for the rear 79" w/a center bearing. You should stick with using the 2.5" wide front springs in the rear. I have to fab up the rest of the plates etc for my 3" wide rear springs. I did not lift my frame but there are a couple of members here who have done some real nice lifts on there frames. You will have a very fun truck when you are done.
Would love to see how that turned out. I've thought about bobbing my M109. Decided not too (at least for now), but was seriously tempted.

MO MV man

That is an interesting idea for a Deuce.

That's a LONG driveshaft!

The one in the video has lift blocks on it.
Those links on the rear axle are a necessity with blocks.

eldgenb

If you are going that far with it then mount the steering box on the lower frame you are installing, cut and extend the steering shaft(safely with a sleeve etc) to fix the steering problems, or you can fabricate your own full hydraulic setup which will make the point mute. I have always thought the 4x4 deuce looks cool, how is the turning radius I wonder?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks