• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

full length 4x4 deuce

lavarok

I didn't get any photos when I saw Justin's truck in person, but he sent me these yesterday. I will try to get him to post some better ones here.

The truck was lifted with blocks welded to the top of the axle.

Attachments

deuce_09

That looks great. Exactly how I want mine. Ask him: how much lift?, power loss?,rims?,carrier bearing or LOOONNNG drive shaft?, total cost?where are the offroad pics?
Thanks, this will help alot.

ncpamlicoboy

Well this might have just chainged my build plan. I would have never thought of doing this. Not sure what direction I am going now but this looks great. [thumbzup]

jollyroger

If you get a lot of adverse steering issues I would go with a full hydro system. They are good enough now to be self centering. About $1200.

Or you could just lengthen the drag link. It handles droop pretty well......Or you could mount the draglink pivot on the bottom frame and lengthen the top arm to the steering gearbox. Or lengethen both links.

deuce_09

I've seen drop pitman arms made for 5-ton power steering. And if that's not enough, go order some high steer arms for it and it should be fine and probably cheaper.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't get any photos when I saw Justin's truck in person, but he sent me these yesterday. I will try to get him to post some better ones here.

The truck was lifted with blocks welded to the top of the axle.
Every time I go by his shop I look to see if it's done. Looks good!

Trango

Thanks for posting this thread. This is be the rough format for my build, and I had been concerned that my truck will end up too high.

Jakob

If I do cut up my truck, this is how it's getting done. I didn't want to lose the bed space, but I would like to lose the extra axle. I don't do any heavy towing or hauling and the truck is in rough shape anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks