• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My wc-53 is wrecked

blacktop_one

I applaud your restraint for not beating the snot out of the guy right there on the side of the road. I hope his insurance company does you right and then cancels his sorry butt.

KsM715

Wow, you were doing 60 and hit by someone doing 20-30 more. Good job on not wading it up in the ditch.

Hope it all works out for you in the end.

M920

Man.... that sucks! What a beatiful TRUCK though! Can we see some more pics of it ?(before the wreck of course)

Oh....and please tell me the Chevy was not drivable anymore either.....:?:

Soni

mcinfantry

http://gallery.me.com/ltalessi/100372/New photo/web.jpg

Cummins 4bt
4l80e
Np241
Dana 60 front arb air lockers
14bolt rear arb air lockers
Hutchinson double bead locks, Michelin xl tires
Milemarker 12,000 hydro winch
Air conditioning
Power steering
Led markers, lights and turn signals
Power windows
Moonroof
S10 seats
Datcon gauges
Several layers of sound deadening and insulation between the walls, double steel insulated firewall
Hydroboost disc brakes
High angle driveline drive shafts
Etc....

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They offered 8700. I declined.
Ask them for a copy of the documentation on how they reached that figure (they have to use something other than a WAG to get the amount). You can then take that and compare it to research of your own - DD's book, any similar listings in Hemming's Motor News, eBay sales, etc (you can even hire an independent appraiser but that'll be on your dime). Then once you have a valid figure take it back to them and present your price (minus salvage which you'll keep). Most lawyers won't touch a property damage claim unless there is a big bodily injury claim attached to it for them to soak the ins company on (tougher to put a fixed figure on an injury) but if they do take it they'll steal 35-50% of the settlement for their "fee" whether they actually do anything or not. You're better off trying to do the research and settle it yourself before resorting to that. Not sure on LA but most states have a minimum 2 year Statute of Limitations (meaning the length you can keep the claim open without filing suit).

This is a prime example of why I have a $500k policy on my deuce and M1010 (mostly for the uninsured motorist coverage). An awful lot of states have up to 50% of their drivers running around with NO insurance. It's better to fight with your insurance company (they'd like to keep you as a customer) than someone else's that doesn't give squat about making you happy.

jluv1185

Man thats freaking terrible. Im sorry that happened to you. You just can't have anything nice without some jacka$$ messing it up. At least you're ok, and it was a clean wreck...meaning it was very clear he was at fault with no gray area.

mcinfantry

MobileMe Gallery

those are pre wreck, showing my work.

i am working with john bizal for independent appraising...

i have a lawyer who will file the case, if necessary. he owns a halftrack with quad propane 50's... i bought my deuce from him, and my michelin tires.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have a lawyer who will file the case, if necessary. he owns a halftrack with quad propane 50's... i bought my deuce from him, and my michelin tires.
It's great that you have someone with MV experience in your corner. One thing most ins co do once a suit is filed though is to stop talking to the claimant (you) so hold that for a last resort. The appraiser is probably your best route and hopefully he'll have documentation to back up a price that you'll be happy with. Also make the ins co document a salvage price. They shouldn't just say "10% of the value" or something like that. Make them show you how they came up with that figure because they'll be deducting it from what they pay you. Also (and not sure how LA works this way either) be prepared for them to file paperwork to make you have a "salvage title" on the vehicle. Since this is a classic vehicle and they're not willing to repair it you should be able to negotiate out of that as well.

mcinfantry

In lousiana the DMV does NOT issue salvage titles on antique vehicles. Luckily.

I think the issue will be
1. Appraised Value he says 8700 is totaled I think 75,000
2. He, by law, has to put it back in similar condition, or pay me for the loss.

8700 would buy a marginal replacement truck that would need substantial body work to LOOK similar to mine and that price does NOT include paint. Much less any of the following partial list of 'upgrades'

Cummins 4bt
GM 4x4 4l80e
Compushift TCM
s10 front bench seat
suburban center seat
Lokar Floor Shifter
Flaming River Tilt Wheel
Gas Pedal
Brake Pedal
HydroBoost Brake
Brake Master Cylinder
Brake Lines
Parking brake assembly
Rear Brake Calipers
Rear Brake Discs
Dana 60 Front Axle 4.88 gears
14 Bolt rear axle 4.88 gears
MarGard Lexan Roof
14 Ga steel floor
arb air locker dana 60
arb air locker 14 bolt
np241c
jb conversions short output (np241C)
front driveshaft
rear driveshaft
front leaf springs
rear leaf springs
shocks front and rear
steering wheel
led turn signals
led brake lights
led marker lights
vintage air conditioning
transmission cooler
radiator
front seats
middle seats
milemarker winch
power window regulators
gauges
new glass (front and windshield)
stereo and speakers
wiring harness
power steering
stainless exhaust
4 michelin xl tires
4 hutchinson beadlock wheels
shift lever
electric cooling fan
Fan controller
Sound deadening
Paint and body work
Exhaust manifold
Stainless 28Gal Diesel Tank
ARB Air Compressor
Yellow Top Optima Battery
Vintage Power Wagon Turn Signal Housings
LED Switch/Dash Lights
Elec. Brake Controller
Trailer 7pin/4pin plug
Seat Belts
4bt water to air aftercooler/injector lines
DR44G Alternator/pulley
Powersteering gear, steering arm
Jet Hot Coat Exhaust Manifold/Turbo
Ceramic insulating spray beads
Custom leather transmission draft pad

mcinfantry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks