• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My wc-53 is wrecked

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't even imagine the amount of labor in your truck. The cost of paying some else to build the same truck to the same level of work would be very high.

Dennis

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WTF Lee and where in the hel! have you been? If the lawyer wants too much maybe a public adjuster can help. Don't know if they use them in LA but they sure do here.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could be you're running into a guy with a minimum limits policy and they're offering you his limits less the salvage. Do you have uninsured motorist coverage on your truck? Ask them point blank if they're offering his Limits and if not ask to speak with a Property Damage Supervisor because they're not even comparing apples to oranges let alone apples to apples.

If that's his limits then you're going to have to sue him to get beyond that. If you get a judgement against him for say $25k (just using a number not your real value) then what the ins co will do is defend him until the judgement is made and then cut you a check for his limits and the rest will come out of his pocket (if he has it). Most times they don't have squat other than a big car payment that's why they have minimum limits. If you have UM Property Damage coverage then your insurance comapny steps in as if they were HIS company and pays the difference in the judgement. Be aware they will do an evaluation same as the first co but hopefully do it better. AND you need to get them involved before the suit or they may deny the claim saying you didn't give them adequate warning about it.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
makes me sick.. i hope you get whats right .. i think the lawyer thing is the best avenue.. did you ask for a rent car/truck till they get it straitened out?

WeBeJeepin

About a month ago my uncle sent me a picture of your truck in a parking lot in Denham and then about a week ago he sent me a text that he saw the same old dodge broke down on the interstate near his house. I sure am sorry about your loss. Its a shame you weren't in a deuce when he rear ended you!

Barrman

Lee,
You didn't state it and nobody asked. You ok? I remember your neck or back gave you trouble after the M715 incident.

You seem to have your usual bulldog approach to resolving issues well in hand on this case, so I won't offer advice on that part of it.

I hope it works out good for you. Please post up how it turns out because a lot of us might need to change our insurance based on how yours gets handled.

68427vette

if they offered 12.000 to fix it? i'd take it, there are LOTS of wc53 for sale right now. for 4-6000. Maybe that's what they are getting there number at? did you ever get the truck appraised after final re-build? or what do you have it insured at? if a loss was to happen, ie fire / stollen etc? ps i have a good wc53 frame.......and data plates.. somewhere, here.. i'm going to have to re read thread as To how he hit you at 55mph.. ?? glad you OK,,

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
http://gallery.me.com/ltalessi/100372/New photo/web.jpg

Cummins 4bt
4l80e
Np241
Dana 60 front arb air lockers
14bolt rear arb air lockers
Hutchinson double bead locks, Michelin xl tires
Milemarker 12,000 hydro winch
Air conditioning
Power steering
Led markers, lights and turn signals
Power windows
Moonroof
S10 seats
Datcon gauges
Several layers of sound deadening and insulation between the walls, double steel insulated firewall
Hydroboost disc brakes
High angle driveline drive shafts
Etc....
Oh no! I remember you posting on my forum with your awesome truck. I'm reading through the thread now. Hope it all gets worked out.

saddamsnightmare

DEcember 23rd, 2010.

Ouch!!! Was that a WWII Marine command truck version (I don't have my copy of Doyle's book handy-it's packed)? I think you might have underdeclared your vehicles value as a collector truck, but it does look like you're in for a new frame, and as to the hinges being unobtainium, a good machinist or blacksmith should be able to provide you new ones at a goooood price. Either your insurance company or his is gonna do you right, or your lawyer will assist them in the matter. My deuce has a declared value as does the Unimog, eat it and I do very well by the payoff, as Unimogs are hard as h-ll to find repair parts for, especially the bodies.... I figure Antiques Roadshow or the guys that do really rare vehicle sales are the ones I'd hunt up for the appraisal....
:twisted:
Good luck in any case, maybe your next one needs to be an Alvis Stalwart or a Saladin????:neutral:

68427vette

tail gate lowers, new from midwest military from john are $1500, plus the labor to install, So tailgate has a value of about $2000, before paint and finish,, i feel for you bro,, send them that info from john's site,, and or have a few WWII or OD, restoration sites give you a quote. not your tin can repair places, that work on honda etc... be well, and have a great holiday!! cool truck!! i have a factory Navy version.

littlebob

Keep us posted Lee. I was sorry to hear about the wreck. Thanks again for my first driving lesson in your Deuce years ago. Back then the Dodge was still a work in progress, with many hours in it and many more to go. Hope you are able to reach a settlement that will allow you to put it back on the road again soon!

mistaken1

It sounds like you are okay, glad to hear that but you know back and neck problems may not be noticed right away when your body is full of adrenalin. I would think the hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical costs will make the truck repair costs pale in comparison. I would think the insurance companies would want to settle fast.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks