• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie to SS and MV, M35A2

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, Just want to say hi. I just won a 71 M35A2 and am looking forward to the long road of fixing and rebuild.
As a newbie to MV and SS I hope I do not ask too many newbie questions.
[thumbzup]

mcmullag

the journey begins.....

Congrats and welcome! You can google on the stuff you have questions about and it usually takes you to a thread on this site. Spend a couple hours here each day or morning or evening and just keep reading and you will learn a whole lot. :beer:

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment of the SS welcomes you aboard :-D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

As already stated, most info can be found by searching.... But feel free to ask anything you need to. There's TONS of help here - and fun and friendship too. Just keep in mind that a lot of guys like to razz those they like. MOst of them are harmless anywaze.... :cookoo:

Congrats on your M35A2 win :jumpin: Keep us posted on your progress, and always remember......
nopics

91W350

Read and ask questions, this place is a walking talking service manual for about anything military. You found a great resource for you and your truck! Welcome to the forums... Glen

DieselBob

Welcome from the Peoples Republic of Maryland. Great bunch of folks here and more information than you have questions. If you check under the "Resource" menu and go to technical manuals you will find all the TM's for your truck.

mckeeranger

Welcome from Eastern Kentucky.

A winch, a hard top, decent looking tires and racks/troop seats, and a good looking truck.

If it is as solid as it looks, you are off to a good start.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site-that's a great looking truck. Hardtop, winch, fiberglass seats, air assist steering (looks like it), etc.

The best advice I can give you is just to read-sit down at night and rear threads in the deuce forum.

After a few hundred threads, you'll be amazed at how much you used to not know. :D

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys!! I did pay a little more then I wanted to, but I guess that is always the case. Hope I can get it home ok.
The waiting is killing me. I should get my EUC back the first of Jan., but it will be winter and that is going to be a pain.

I have been reading on SS a lot. There is so much good info. here.

(91W350) Nice looking dogs!!!

ctmustang

NC welcomes you- That is definately a good looking truck for your first one. Looks like first time euc's are going 4 months so you have plenty of time to read up on it. Good luck with it.
CT

monkeythumbs

I think your truck was brought up an a seperate thread here because of the price it went for. People (Okay, maybe just me) were curious if the winner (you) had some inside knowledge or even preview it. Is that the going price in your neck of the woods ?