• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie to SS and MV, M35A2

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys, cannot wait.

As far as the price, I saw some others go for more then I paid and I think it was a little being a newbie to the MV family.
Just have to look at it as a learning curve on my part for the next time.
But I think the prices are a little higher here in the west due to not as many trucks.
But the truck does have a winch and power assisted steering. I did talk to the guy in the yard and he said it was the best truck in the yard. Always starts and runs.

As far as my pains, I think I am going to go thought it check things over, fix, replace seals, clean and at some point repaint. Then move to the next one if I get bug.

91W350

It makes a lot more sense for you than buying one east, unknown running condition and needing paint. Pay a grand to get her home, add on air assist and then have to fix some major components. I am betting you blow the dust off and that truck will have a nice paint job, it looks nicer than most now. It is knee deep in rubber and everything I saw in the photos looks good. If the guy at the yard was impressed, it is probably a good score for you. Deuces here are hard to come by. Wish I had a buddy close to one of the bases that regularly sells them off. I always enjoy a good road trip. I would just hate to find myself a thousand miles from home with a 13,000 pound paper weight.

Bud and Sir say thanks for the nice compliment. They are kind of upset that we are not going to get that big truck.... :D:p Glen

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcom from ND darned nice looking 35, I also have a 71 A2 and of a couple weeks ago called my restoration complete, I would be happy to help in any way possible as you start getting into this truck and you have resources from the guys on this site that you could never put a $ value on, they have helped me huge amounts, keep posting pics and welcome once again. I look forward to hearing from you with any ???s
KK