• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks to George at White Owl

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had read glowing reviews of White Owl here and e-mailed George about some blackout windows and the inspection port covers for the transmissions that are having their PTO's removed. he was very careful to make sure i got the correct parts the first time, even sending pictures to be sure we were talking about the same thing. Once my confusion was dissipated, he sent the parts. The greatest part (to me) is the inspection plates came with the gasket!

Now I have to get busy and pull the PTO's (and two winch assemblies off the deuces). Always something I guess!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I concur about White Owl. I have never had anything but positive dealings with them. Good people...

steelandcanvas

I was one writer of a "glowing review" about George and the staff at White Owl. I just can't say enough kind words about them. They understand completely the term 'customer service", something that is not well practiced anymore.[thumbzup]

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i sent out 15 emails and he was the only one to reply back with good news about my part.. and he did send a pic first.. those are some A +++ guys there.. i will remember them[thumbzup]

ncpamlicoboy

George is great, the first time I changed my fuel filters I relized that my electric fuel pump was not working I called george up and asked if he ad any fuel pumps. He did but rather then just sell me a pump and make some easy cash he told me of some cheeper in line pumps he had as well as found my real problem. The real issue I had was the fuse on the pump was blown. I checked power up to the pump but didnt relize there was a fuse under the cap of the pump. 2 bucks for a pack and I was up and running agian. great people!

Armada

:ditto:Never a bad experience with White Owl. Been using them for years. George always takes the time to listen to your problem and/or needs to make sure you get the right part the first time. He won't sell you something you don't need and their prices are very fair.
Costomer service, what a concept! Sure doesn't exist many places anymore.

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just did a major PM on the M35 and when I pulled the filter canisters, a previous soldier A left parts out when replacing the filters. George also sent me many pictures as I tried to explain what was missing. To be sure I got all the parts, he sent me the complete primary and secondary canisters, mounts, and all the small parts within. He was most fair on the pricing, and told me I could send back anything I did not need if I wanted. Great folks, great prices, and above all great customer service. I highly recommend them.2cents

maverick

I live in the UK and George has always been very helpful indeed, like others always a pictures to confrim what we are talking about. Even when there was no money involved and I just wanted a few mesurements for my M332 Ammo trailer, George was out in the snow measuring and taking photos for me and he never wanted a single $$ for his trouble. Fantastic international service, a credit to the MV world

ecupirate

Great guy...he coached me in little league......I remember going to Whiteowl and crawling all over everything when I was a little kid...they had a Sherman that was awesome!!!

DAP

White Owl is a great place. It has been a few years since I have been there as they don't do much M37 any more

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went overboard and studied the M35 parts manual a little too hard before emailing George for some parts.

He expressed astonishment at my list of NSN numbers and then proceeded to address each and everyone of my parts needs..... using my spreadsheet and part numbers, correcting them and adding info where I was lost.
I thought I had done a good job, then George showed me something.

George lives and breathes MV parts!

Rick

I'll add to that list of very happy customers - every time over the last few years it's been a pleasant and productive exchange - thanks again guys!

Matt

Last edited:

vtdeucedriver

Had to order some parts that I know I have and could not find this week and they showed up today so now I have some spares. I called today and had a issue where the govt had installed some civilian radiator mount cushions on my M52A2 and so after talking with Terry and him pulling up the parts list, he basically described the set up for a deuce should also be on a 5 ton. I decited to run with that set up again and is the same as a Kenworth truck:) in our chat, I told terry about this thread on SS about them and they were glad about all the good comments that I said that they got. I e-mailed them tonight in a thank you note and I also added a link to this thread.

Thanks guys for keeping US and ME on the road[thumbzup]

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks