• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming Attraction - project #6 M43 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

Now that I have side slipped a whooping from PB rofl

Preped the side and shot red oxide thinly - scotch brited it - reshot red oxide once again - cut the neigbhors abandonded house's yard and cut my back yard - came back and DA'd with 600 grit - reshot red once again.

I truely hope I have done this side justice in this proceedure and I know the welds are good - I will wait till I get to the inside before I screw around with finishing the holes in side - good rainy day project otherwise and a six pack and some Crown. That way if I need medical attention all I have to do is just lay down.[thumbzup]

Eventually the paint will be the 24052 if anyone is curious.

Enjoy the pics and I am ready for criticism.

Attachments

zout

Tigger - the compressor had stopped after building air - I heard a noise out the door and I seen the flash of what it was - I always have my sidearm down there with me and grabbing the camera at the same time - there was a good size coyote roaming and smelling around the truck looking for something - I did not get the pic as much as I got with "the other thing".

A year ago we were sitting on the back porch and a nice doe came bailing out of the power lines in the area the trucks were parked during the roast - I saw something hanging from the deers neck - it was a big a** coyote with its jaws on the deers neck with the grip of god. It was dragging the deer down as well till it saw me coming out the back door with one of my toys and it bailed.

They have no fear back there and I watch the grand kids all the time in the field.

zout

Yeah Tigger - tease the living crap outta me :deadhorse::deadhorse:

There is a link out there with the Werner family where he totally restored one in a NICE BIG shop with every tool imaginable at his convenience and possibly an unlimited budget. Just the nice big shop would be nice again. But I will try to to the best I can.

Had a little time before the sun went down tonight to get onto the back door on the left side - this is where the two metal panels were riveted over the indentations. Like tackling an elephant - one toe at a time.

Kinda like what it will feel like when PB gets his paws on me :p - I kinda figure by end of this weekend I may have a shot at having these doors done - yes the glass and seal will be pulled.

Attachments

Katahdin

Great stuff! Z, are you welding with that gas bottle or using flux core wire? Just curious as to what people are using with their Mig welders outdoors.

zout

It is Argon Gas cylinder for cooling at the nozzle. Straight mig weld non flux wire .035 size wire.

From the looks of all your work - I need to have you come down here and show me a couple things or two.

zout

Settle down there folk no PICS

Working on the PITA back doors and have the lower 1/2 ground down - there was a lot of crap on these besides rust.

I am picking up a different media for my sandblaster to help the delema. Lots of dents, and tomorrow night I will grab the torch and start getting the metal to shrink on itself and help pull some dents closer to the surface. Otherwise those that have gotten dents out of motorcyle fuel tanks years ago know what I am going to do next. I do not own a spot welder to attach pulling studs and I am not spending my budget on one - manual labor from here on out & use what I brought to the table.

Same as the jeeps - some of this stuff was put in there from its action in combat and I am leavng it - shake your head if ya want.

Good News - my paint came in today from my Sherwin Williams dealer I had purchased my CARC through (he was glad to hear from me cause I think they work on commission).

Part #'s of Sherwin Williams
Mil-PRF-85285D ---- F85285D --- 24052 - got 2 gallons
its hardner is:
Mil-PRF-85285D ---- V66V00255 - got 2 quarts

Will not tell you my wholesale cost cause its non of your business.

I am buidling an engine stand this weekend as well - I will work on getting the remainder of the parts and in my vast time available work on the engine as well on this new stand. It will not have wheels on it cause I dislike pushing stuff around - when eating cherries you do not want to move around much cause the world is already spinning.rofl

zout

Too lazy to grab the camera on the way to the garage after work - the 2 seconds it takes to grab it is two seconds less to work on the truck.

The left rear door has roughly 4 hrs left to work on it - the right door had probably a couple hours left. This is also with the inside sealing areas done - hinges done in & out - lower lip and cowling - save bumper area for later - I will just sandblast this area.

Be in the 90's tomorrow and I am plannng on having the rear doors done and primered.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Poop!!!

Too lazy to grab the camera on the way to the garage after work - the 2 seconds it takes to grab it is two seconds less to work on the truck.
The left rear door has roughly 4 hrs left to work on it - the right door had probably a couple hours left. This is also with the inside sealing areas done - hinges done in & out - lower lip and cowling - save bumper area for later - I will just sandblast this area.
Be in the 90's tomorrow and I am plannng on having the rear doors done and primered.
Betcha Deb never blows me another kiss!!

You better start back on her jeepie!!

(I don't really care if Dinger blows me a kiss:roll:)

zout

Deb was making some kind of jesture - I am visually impaired so I could not really figure it out !! :cookoo:

Her jeep will get undivided attention when its time.

Attachments

zout

You'll have to look back a few posts to see how these rear doors looked after I removed the riveted on panels. This is was a PITA - still right side door to go and I worked on the worst first.

Sure hope I am not making you sick by how this work is turning out - just trying the best I can.

Attachments

zout

Busted my ba-hoogies off getting the rear doors done today in the heat.

finished primed with oxide - scotchbrighted - blew - tack clothed - painted.

I have no clue why the pic shows the rear doors paint so funky - but the rear doors look like the side - must be the lighting or something.

Got the grille pulled off as well and the drivers door spare tire carrier - these will be treated seperately.

Hope ya like the pics

Attachments

zout

PB - here is your pass to gain entry for body work to the 43 at my place.

DO NOT loose this as this is a one time single issue coupon - after 3 minutes it desintigrates - kind of like watching those Mission Impossible movies after he has listened to the tape = they disappear. rofl

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks