• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming Attraction - project #6 M43 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danger Ranger

:ditto::shock::not worthy: HOLY MOLY!!!!!! You are speeding through work on it!
I thought you would've stopped at the sides of the box....you are doing great, and you have Modesty with a capital "M"!!![thumbzup]

zout

Sand blasted around the gusset for the drivers side windshield - the lower mirror stem was rusted through and all I had to do was twitch it and it broke - add this to my shoping list to purchase.

Worked on the drivers door - got the two panels in the passenger side box area and first coat of dyna glass put on and straight line sanded off - tried taking a pic of the temp near the truck and it was 106 reflecting off it.

Remebered to rotate the pictures this time and not be a bonehead :cookoo:

Attachments

zout

I pulled the recoil housing as that was smashed into the fan - there is suppose to be a bracket for the Argon tank to mount on the backside - that is still ordered so I have to drag it around for now. The voltage switch is smashed and it broke on my normal setting thank goodness. The front stand legs - you can see where I straighted them as they were crushed - the front was ran into twice lifting it in the air and tilting it back onto the tank - luckly the tank did not explode if the valve would have been damaged.

I had to buy anher mig wire cable that mounted into the front of the welder as well - that was customized by crunch.

Piece by piece it is getting put back together.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Zout that M43 could not have gone to a better home. You have done more to it in a month than was done in years.[thumbzup]

Keep up the fire good troop!!

zout

Wait till after this weekend to see the results.
Monday is set aside for a Memorial Service to participate in - but till then its game on.

zout

When the CAMO group delivered the 43 there were 2 pieces that were absolutely in perfect condition and I have yet to find a picture of one with anyones M43 done - or just laying to the side.

The two pieces are identical and one must be a spare that was picked up along the way.

They are the cone reflector that fits onto the surgical light on the ceiling, The exterior is camo with the manufactures name on it (OD green) and the inside conical refector is polished aluminum. These are both without any scratches or dings in them. Very cool. The surgical lamp has a grille with 4 legs - these fit over these 4 legs when lowered and for rotation.

If anyone else has seen these posted I am curious. When I get a chance I will take a picture of them and post it.

zout

I threw in a pic of the surgical light that is in the truck - when the light is released to rotate - this reflector attached to the grill of the lamp - making the projection larger and brighter. Posted a pic from a google image - but you can see the reflector of what it turns the actual light into.

I will pull one of them down as I have them tucked away for safe keeping and put it on the light to give you a better concept of what it does.

I have seen no other pictures posted anywhere of a sugical light that has these - but it does go to this light.

Thanks for asking Zak.[thumbzup]

zout

Here is a couple pics of the reflecive shields for the sugical light in the truck.

Either that or these are zombie hats the medics wore while driving down the trails.

This is where I am at on the other side window repair of the holes - they must have cut this side out with my grandsons sissors they cut paper with - these on this side were hacked up bad.

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout, maybe those are the precurser to the Tinfoil hat!! Hey, I bet if you had that laser in your 43 you could get Pu**y Galore!

nattieleather

Looks like you have some rust spots to patch up on the passinger side also? Above the door and in the body corner by the door. Or are those just blotches showing up?

zout

Nope - those are big rusted through areas on both sides - some of the very few on this unit.

One each side behind the doors in the side panels about a golfball size each - other area is the cowl that the windshield frame sits on that is part of the top dash extending out and is the vent opening to the hood.

I have already decided how to do this area with all new metal - just have not made it to the front yet. Going to finish the side this weekend and get onto the roof - and hopefully have both those areas above the doors in new metal as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks