• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

77 AMG

Well, I started bringing stuff home for the Deuce today-2 of the plastic bodied wiper motors, NOS, a "sugar scoop" that needs the stand off for a Deuce (anybody have an extra, by chance?) a lug nut tool that fits BOTH styles of lugs, and what appears to be an actual spindle nut socket tool with a "snout balance" on it. The "stub" on the socket goes INTO the spindle to help keep the socket from jumping off of the nut. Pretty slick little tool. I just need to find the handle for it and the lugnut tool.... always something else to find for the full kit-up, it seems. :roll:

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, I started bringing stuff home for the Deuce today-2 of the plastic bodied wiper motors, NOS, a "sugar scoop" that needs the stand off for a Deuce (anybody have an extra, by chance?) a lug nut tool that fits BOTH styles of lugs, and what appears to be an actual spindle nut socket tool with a "snout balance" on it.
I probably do. I'll see what I can dig up.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No but my -20 TM does. Also I just found out these are meant for LMTV and MRAP as they have 12VDC bulbs.. who knew.
Some leds are voltage specific, and others are "omnivolt". They are also polarity specific - if you wire it backward, they don't work. I'd sell the ones you've got and look for another set. I like Maxxima, they have a 5year warranty.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some leds are voltage specific, and others are "omnivolt". They are also polarity specific - if you wire it backward, they don't work. I'd sell the ones you've got and look for another set. I like Maxxima, they have a 5year warranty.
I'm gonna trade them this weekend to a member with a LMTV for some other parts.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20181201_163055.jpg

Well I went to see my returned warrant officer friend ( he was a mech warrant) to help him with his M1009, and got a ear full for my battery box. Well we rigged something up to hold it in place until I get a new box or hardware to this one.

IMG_20181201_163144.jpg

Got me some LED headlights as well.

Now for the really bad news of this weekend, I found out that my fuel pump makes no noise. The leads and the fuse are good but she is not running as far as I can tell..... So that needs to come out soon so we can look that over ( and I search threads for a solution).

nchittendon

Whiskey makes her clothes fall off....

The last couple of weeks I've been stripping her down. Removed the cover, and the plywood I've added for support across the roof.

IMG_20181004_160255.jpg

IMG_20181118_143632.jpg

Then I got a chance to remove the bows, and troop seats. Also removed the antenna/scoop.
IMG_20181129_141358.jpg

Didn't get a picture yet, but also removed the bolts holding the bed to the truck. Removed the mud flaps, rear license plate, and trailer lighting plug.

Today was supposed to be the day that I plucked it off of there, and shipped it to a buddy who is going to cut 38" out of the box. Sadly, my hauler backed out due to the road conditions and having his daughter with.

Live to fight another day...

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Kaiser67M715

View attachment 749708View attachment 749709View attachment 749710 From your photos it looks like it is probably an M62 5 ton wrecker (pic 3). (pic 2) is an M60 2 1/2 ton wrecker. and (pic 1) is an M108 2 1/2 ton wrecker. The M60 & M108 are the only 2 1/2 ton wreckers that I know of. Still I wouldn't pass on an M62 wrecker for the right price. Hope this helps.
The M543 was also a 5 ton wrecker, but I believe the only difference was boom manufacture, I've always been told the 543 used a GarWood wrecker, the M62 was some other manufacture. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20181202_124114.jpg

I read on another thread how to do this and it is genius!

So my steering box was leaking a bit, about a class 2 leak. So I found a thread on here talking about using corn head grease to fix it. Well I took off the drain plug and fill plug of the steering box and drained the oil out. Next I put on a adeptor with a zert fitting and pumped about 3 1/2 cans of corn head grease into it. Then I sealed the whole thing off again and my steering feels fine and no more leaks!

I forget who had this idea but they are freaking awesome! I'll have to go back and look so I can give credit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks