My Sherman had a good week this week:
- re-bled the brakes and topped off the fluid
- my first oil change! $125 bucks later :-(. The oil was in great shape though, no sludge and no shavings or metal pieces. The WMO was good enough I felt ok pouring it into the fuel tank.
- fixed a stripped-out bolt hole on the compressor. The rear, top left bolt on the casing (where the fuel line bracket attaches) stripped out a little while ago and it's been causing the engine to pick up a light film of oil everytime I drive it. It's been nagging at me for a while, but I have been holding off on the fix since I needed to remove the oil filter cannisters and I knew I had an oil change coming. I drilled and tapped it, and inserted a heli-coil. The operation went smoothly and appears to have fixed the issue. Whew! Feels a lot better know - I hate it when I have those nagging fixes in the back of my mind that I haven't gotten to yet.......
- Installed a pyro. I used the most common location (pre-turbo, right where the exhaust turns down). I installed the Aubern digital 24v pyro. With the air filter cannister removed, the access and installation was a snap. I drilled almost all the way through, then fired up the engine and drilled the rest and tapped it 1/8" NPT. I ran the wiring and fired the truck up and watched it work great :jumpin:.
64.3 KB Views: 1,631
54 KB Views: 1,618
61.4 KB Views: 1,770