• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF 97 Charges unfair

marieisme

Hello all,

My Senator from Missouri is Claire McCaskill I have just been to her website and sent comments to her regarding my thoughts on the the $60 charge by www.govliquidation.com for the document SF 97. It is my belief that it should automatically accompany any government surplus vehicle you purchase that must have a title to license.

I would like to think that many of you would do the same. Maybe we can get this changed.

http://mccaskill.senate.gov

This is the statement on her site.

"As Chairman of the Subcommittee on Contracting Oversight, Claire will give government contracting a hard look -- and root out waste, management, and fraud."
Subcommittee on Contracting Oversight

Good luck to all,
Amy

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
O I think they will get the money one way or another min. bid now to include SF 97 fee on MV's ?
I would perfer they pay the fork lift driver more to do a better job on loading and maybe give the person who writes on the truck a nice Christmas bonus so he just writes on the windshield only.
Also what if you don't want a title / farm use or something so the way it is now it can benifet some.

O yea welcome to the machine.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
CRY to much about the SF97, GL will list everything scrap, which will end the SF97 CRYING

NOT unfair, the SF97 thing is posted in the GL. INFO, that is part of doing BUISNESS with GL, think GL is not fair, DON'T do buisness with GL, NOBODY is FORCING YOU

Last edited:

RealCavDog

Well, Hello and Welcome from Joplin !

As a large number of us are aware, due to the high price of scrap metal right now, a lot of these trucks, trailers and various other equipment never have any intention of making it to the streets or highways, as mentioned above, farm and off-road use, not to mention those intended for parts and donors !

So to include that paperwork automatically would potentially lead to MUCH slower issuance to ALL, making it worse than it already is, and of course that will very well lead to higher minimum bids !

As stated before, they will get their money one way or the other !

Grandpa always told me " The more you stir it, the more it stinks ! "

Last edited:

paulfarber

Another whine about GL... wow...

If $60 bothers you then how hard are you going to cry when you have to fill it with diesel and the 'evil' oil companies take all your money?

What about the cost of tools to maintain the vehicles? Is Snap-On or Craftsman going to charge you less?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I AM just TIRED of ALL the CRYING, WHINNIG, MOANING, BITCHING, and COMPLAINING about stuff that has been DISCUSED a THOUSAND times before, for that matter all mentioned GENERALY

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries Amy at least your thinking but I might let this one go.
Hay it's Friday and been a long week for some but I'm shure all of us here welcome you and hope you learn and share more here on SS.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just bid $60 less on all vehicle related lots. You alone set your price. Also, in order to bid you have to agree to those terms.
Welcome to the Steelsoldiers family.

Last edited:

Bighurt

Quit rocking the boat!

You do know that you can file the paperwork directly and that GL is the middleman. The $60 is their fee...not the cost of the paperwork.

Ripcord01

Mo is a joke of a state to do any business in. As far as 60 dollars who cares. They could charge us 123.00 if they wanted! But 60 bucks is nothing. Wlecome to the site and calm down. There are more things to be concerned about in regards to our hobby.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I gladly pay the 60 bucks for an SF-97, after I buy a deuce for 2000 or a M1009 for 1800. Just buy it from a fellow SS member if the SF 97 fee leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I do not want your senators getting involved in my hobby. They will see a way to levy another fee or tax. Quit whing or quit buying from GL.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You pay for paperwork everytime you buy any vehicle (except a private party) so this really isn't a battle worth fighting.

Last thing we need is someone in the gov. figuring out that the SF-97 can be taxed by the state or some other nonsense. Even worse would be they simply stop issuing them and we all need to go the salvage title route which has a dozen more minefields attached.

RealCavDog

Mo is a joke of a state to do any business in.

And you know of some that are NOT ?

At least all you East Coast guys are covered up in green iron ! Try finding it out here ! LOL ! Pretty well picked over here in the 4-states !

And I am NOT disagreeing with you . . . but . . . really ? :lol:

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If $60.00 is too much to deal with, wait till you pay for a couple gallons of brake fluid and shipping. This is not an inexpensive hobby. The LAST thing we need is the government getting any more involved than it already is. CHILL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks