• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF 97 Charges unfair

wdbtchr

I guess those of you complaining about whiners are just too chicken**** to stand up for doing things right. No wonder this country is so messed up. You don't say anything when parts are stolen off of vehicles paid for, you don't say anything when vehicles are damaged by forklift drivers, you don't complain about problems with pickups.

Funny you don't have any problems WHINING about nubbies asking questions, you bitch about searching but I don't see any of you whinners telling them how to use the search on this site.

I'm just about fed up with with this site too many bellyachers.:roll:

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess those of you complaining about whiners are just too chicken**** to stand up for doing things right.
Why is paying $60.00 for paperwork wrong when you pay the same type of document fees anytime you purchase a vehicle of any kind from a dealership?

I'm all or complaining about GL if a vehicle gets parts stolen after purchase or the moron with the forklift causes damage that wasn't there prior. I just don't see why the cost of an SF-97 is somehow highway robbery or the thing I would bitch about when the things mentioned above are far more serious.

Considering the cheap price paid for these vehicles in comparrison to thier actual worth, the $60.00 SF-97 shouldn't even be on the radar of things to bitch about.

sterlun

I have a complaint too. This thread should be listed under "Politics Related to the MV Hobby".

HAHAAA! :jumpin: I've always wanted to do that! Why not? All the whiners do it to me.:p

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GSA doesn't charge for them, and even does them in a timely manner.
Doesn't matter, if GL can't charge for the SF-97 they'll call it a document fee.
Nothing wrong with a senator asking questions to keep GL on theirs toes.

Flyingvan911

I agree it sucks to pay 60 bucks. But...we get our toys for a bargain. I got a great deuce with lots of extras for $1,900. That's hard to beat. And when you concider fuel and all of the other expenses it's a drop in the bucket. Oil and gear lube, paint, accesories. We spend alot of money on our trucks. The 60 bucks for a SF-97 is just a part of the process.

bubba_got_you

[FONT=&quot]Ok im a capitalist and as such I believe that if you can sell dirt and get people to pay for it GO FOR IT! gl is a business just like any other and as such it is up you to decide if you want to buy from them. It is not my RIGHT to tell them how to conduct there business and what they can and can not charge for paperwork. If im going to pay 3k for a $50,000 truck and only pay 60 bucks for them to handle the paperwork then I think im getting ONE HE!! OF A DEAL!!!!! So what I have to soy to you is, HOW DARE YOU TRY AND TELL SOMEONE HOW TO RUN THERE BUSINESS AND WHAT THEY CAN AND CAN NOT CHARGE!!!!! If you don’t like it don’t buy it plane and simple. Please don’t take this as a flame job because it is not. It is just what the American point of view used to be. Welcome to ss from Florida. Now I think this thread needs to end. It no longer serves a purpose and needs to be locked, as it will only cause name-calling and bashing on both sides. And will only be a black spot on SS. [/FONT]

bubba_got_you

if everything was listed as scrap , then it will not sell for the prices they have been getting .
[FONT=&quot]Yes your right……but the trucks without titles would only be worth scrap and could not be used. i am willing to just pay the 60$ and be able to use the trucks and not just let them rot. [/FONT]:!:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Floridianson Hay it's Friday and been a long week for some but I'm shure all of us here welcome you and hope you learn and share more here on SS.[/QUOTE said:
Bets on if she stays or goes???????????????
I agree lock or Amy could deleat her thread and let it rip

gunboy1656

Realize, IF you could get the senator to get GL to get rid of the 60 dollars for the SF97, all they are going to do is turn around and raise the minimum bid by 50 to 60 bucks, which would recover the cost and then some.

Personally, I don't like paying it but that is part of the game.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have people forgotten only a few years ago when NO TITLE WILL BE ISSUED was a standard line in GL ads? I'll gladly pay the $60 bucks.........

Last edited:

sterlun

In GA I can tag anything older than 1986 with just a bill of sale. No title needed. However if you want to sell it it's a problem.

So is $60 a rip off? Probably. When I used to sell cars our doc fees were $385. Write your senator about THAT!

I don't really know but I imagine the 10% buyers premium is what GL actually makes off the sale. I've heard other theories but the fact is most of you probably don't know either. That being said, I guess if I was a government contractor I would look for that extra avenue to make money too.

It was said very well earlier. Folks can charge whatever they want. It's up to the consumer whether they buy or not. I could buy a deuce for $2500 and put it on Ebay for $75000. If some retard wants it that bad and buys it for that does that make me wrong? I didn't force him.

goldneagle

Since GL has no real competition they are acting like a Monopoly. Since there is no competition they do not act fairly in their practices. The only one that can keep them in their place is the gov't. If GSA sold the volume and quality that GL sells at least we could buy from them. The competition would force GL to be more reasonable in their business practices.

Ebay is the same way! They are so large compared to their competition that that can dictate to their sellers even though they are unfair. Where you gonna go? They have the largest market share (probably all the other auction sites combined do not equal Ebay market share)

The phrase of the day: Monopolistic Practices

This is not fair capitalistic business practice. We the people own all the items that GL sell. Shouldn't we determine the fair way to dispose of those items through our government rules. And make sure that our hired agent follows those rules. In this case GL is the agent disposing of government items owned by the US taxpayer.

Last edited:

bubba_got_you

Since GL has no real competition they are acting like a Monopoly. Since there is no competition they do not act fairly in their practices. The only one that can keep them in their place is the gov't. If GSA sold the volume and quality that GL sells at least we could buy from them. The competition would force GL to be more reasonable in their business practices.

Ebay is the same way! They are so large compared to their competition that that can dictate to their sellers even though they are unfair. Where you gonna go? They have the largest market share (probably all the other auction sites combined do not equal Ebay market share)

The phrase of the day: Monopolistic Practices

This is not fair capitalistic business practice. We the people own all the items that GL sell. Shouldn't we determine the fair way to dispose of those items through our government rules. And make sure that our hired agent follows those rules. In this case GL is the agent disposing of government items owned by the US taxpayer.
[FONT=&quot] How is it not fare? If you or I where lucky enough to have the monopoly would we not do the same? But I will agree with you on the fact that they are ower trucks to start with but the gov doesn’t see it that way. Like I said they don’t force us to be in this hobby or to buy from them. If it where up to me the trucks would be mine for free but that’s not how it works. This system works and wont get better if we complain they will just change they way they charge us. [/FONT]

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have people forgotten only a few years ago when NO TITLE WILL BE ISSUED was a standard line in GL ads? I'll glady pay the $60 bucks.........
I remember. It all started back when you got a sf97 for free. They sent it to you just like GSA does. Due to the incompetency of GL AZ that we all know about, they kept screwing them up when they sent them out. They got tired of the problems and stopped issuing sf97 forms for a time. After a huge public outcry they decided to start issuing them again but this time you submit the info (so if it's screwed up it's your fault) and they started charging for them. So to those that say it will never happen, it already has.

papercu

I remember. It all started back when you got a sf97 for free. They sent it to you just like GSA does. Due to the incompetency of GL AZ that we all know about, they kept screwing them up when they sent them out.
That is mostly true. The 60.00 fee was G/L "fix" for incorrect numbers on the form BUT the incompetency was the new buyers who didn't know to verifly the numbers before the vehicle left the base and started whining because their DMV wouldn't accept them then.
Back then, DRMO personnel on base would fill out SF97. Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks