• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1944 A-26 in Shafter, Ca

JAYHAWK 1962

Very cool. To bad most of these vintage aircraft are becoming a thing of the past. I used to love to go to airshown back in the 1970's. Unfortunately most ended up going to kingman az and ending up as silverware. Nice to see one back in the air again.

goldwing2000

Banned
Sweet plane. Not to thread jack but I have what I believe is an original engine cover for an A-26. Could you take a look at some pics (maybe show them to your friend) and see if it is what I think it is? And if it is, do you think your friend might be interested in buying it? ;)

Greasy

Thanks for all the posts.

I'm glad that other people think as much of her as I do.

Not much has been happening lately. The A-26's tow bar needed some work. It needed to have the center tube replaced (cracked and dented). Last weekend I replaced the center tube with 1 1/4'' thick wall tubing.

While looking though pictures in my computer, I found some of the A-26. Attached are from last year and early this year.

Enjoy!

1) On display at local Fly-in
2) Engine runs after carb rebuilds.
3) Repaired tow bar before paint.

combatmech

Awesome....nice to see another A26 going. Fast as a Mustang...... Flew one of the CAF's A26's to NAS Kingsville a few months ago. 1+45 from Fort Worth to Kingsville.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks