• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can m105 trailer hubs be flipped

ODDBALL007

i have a trailer i made outa 2 M105 trailers and slapped on a duece bed. My tires stick out past the duece bed or too far in if standard. Can the hub be flipped to make the tire line up better with duece bed

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the TM, it doesn't appear flipping will work. The hubs appear to be the same on both ends, unlike the M35.

Last edited:
A

A/C Cages

Its more stable with 4 wheels like you have it instead of duals. But then again, what weights are you carrying in it? Will the frame hold up?
They have 10 ton ammo carriers already built up.
You know I have a lot of ammo, but even I dont have 10 tons of it. lol

Troll1216

I did not know it would be less stable, I think it would fill out the wheel wells better though, and give you 4 more spare tires :)

I was thinking about doing this with 2 105's (have one) and putting a flat deck on the frame and then mounting my S-280 to it, if I get motivated, and funded, possibly a tilt bed with a small winch to pull it on/off with.

Last edited:

ODDBALL007

thank u oddave.... I flipped rim around and it sticks past bed and wood kick mud and dirt oll over the outside. as far as what im gonna carry maybe 2 tons of crap at best. sand rail tools crap like that. i guess the only other alteritive is to have some spacers made and use bud studs and nuts to install

A

A/C Cages

thank u oddave.... I flipped rim around and it sticks past bed and wood kick mud and dirt oll over the outside. as far as what im gonna carry maybe 2 tons of crap at best. sand rail tools crap like that. i guess the only other alteritive is to have some spacers made and use bud studs and nuts to install
I still have my towbar I used for my sandrails, You want to use that? Its a easy on and off and hooks to a regular hitch and ball.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a nice set-up - neat looking trailer. Are those wheels riveted together? Take them apart and slide the rim out to where you want it. Weld them back together. Put them on a hub and spin them, to get them straight. I did that on some M-37 wheels, that I put on a wagon. It wouldn't take any longer, then flipping the hubs - if you could flip the hubs.

ODDBALL007

after talking to tow4 on friday we came to the conclusion to cut and narrow the axle tubes. So saturday i took trailer over to my brothers house in ocoee and he is gonna chop it up so i can have duals I cant wait. Will post picks when done

Alredneck

Banned
Their is no way singles are more stable than duals! Unless you are talking super singles which are roughly as wide as duals or wider in some cases. Things coes from boat load of iles running both ways. Over loaded and all! My Ford dually I use these days with air springs rides better than the dodge, and the Ford started out as a SRW but I broke a 10.5 sterling carrier so in went the dual Dana 80! Now just need to get some bigger tires on there to eat up them low gears!