• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can m105 trailer hubs be flipped

A

A/C Cages

Are you going to inner sleeve those axle tube when you cut them in half?
This will help with keeping it from stressing the weld joints. Better safe then sorry when it comes to axle mods. I always inner sleeve mine after seening a axle snap sitting on the side of I-4.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, flipping the hubs would gain you nothing. Not to mention you can't. Im uploading pics so you can see why.

Do you think M200 hubs can fit on an M105 axle? long story short, make an M200 axle out of a M105 axle. i know the tube diameter is different and the width from spring to spring. I want to get a deuce frame to mount M105 springs to and then get the dual wheels of an M200.... it would be easier if everything was bolt together so i dont have to weld new spring perches on the M200 axle to fit the deuce frame width.

Baradium

I thought the tire position looked just fine personally.

Someone already mentioned it, but if you get rims from a singled duece (at least the M135s anyway) they have less offset so they would stick out a bit more.

Darwin T

did you ever fix the issue. if not there is a guy on here that has some deuce rims that have the centers cut out and flipped to the inside (my backspacing issue). i bought two to put on my M105a3 because i dont like the tires and rims that are on it they are not the same as a duece and can't be used as a spare in a pinch. i will try it get some pictures this weekend they are not installed yet. i am going to upgrade from 9.00x20's to 11.00x20's before i install them.

Last edited:

PROSTOCKTOM

i wonder if a duece hub would fit on the m105 axle??
The M35 uses a 3.00" hub socket and a M105 trailer uses a 3.375" hub socket.

Therefore I'm guessing that the M105 may in fact have larger bearings than a M35 does.

Look at the TM for an M35 and several trailers you might find a hub that would work.

Tom

Last edited:

ODdave

Do you think M200 hubs can fit on an M105 axle? long story short, make an M200 axle out of a M105 axle. i know the tube diameter is different and the width from spring to spring. I want to get a deuce frame to mount M105 springs to and then get the dual wheels of an M200.... it would be easier if everything was bolt together so i dont have to weld new spring perches on the M200 axle to fit the deuce frame width.
I dont know. never had a m200.