• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Ga Rally Florida Convoy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalker

The injector pump went out. New one on and ready to go. Not scared of road trips... not scared of alligators... not scared of zombies... only scared of Oddball's driving.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who all is taking their MVs on stretchers? Seems lots of folks are driving up their Buicks. Phil, I may redirect my Wayne Harris trip to the way back and convoy up with you folks. I may just drag my M1008 up behind the deuce or just take the M1008. I can't make a decision for the life of me.

Stonepicker1

Not sure if I have to work that weekend or not. If I'm off, I plan on pulling out Wed or Thurs morning and meeting you guys up on I-75.

I'll be driving my CUCV-II with the gooseneck trailer. Maybe with the CUCV M1028A2 Dually on top of the trailer.

I have a lead on a 1997 Chevy Dually bed up in Demopolis, AL that I may get for the CUCV-II Crew Cab rebuild.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm pretty sure I'll be part of the convoy. Will certainly be driving the M1008. Change is always possible.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wed for sure. I may roll out of here Tues nite and snooze at the truckstop until the AM. Last year I left at 0230 and would rather avoid that. Between the 675 miles and all of the convoy stops, I was in the saddle 17 hrs.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So when everybody takes off about 8:00 AM in morning up I 75, in FL. there are 2 weight stations and GA. has one, do you drive by or does everyone go through the scale house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks