• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

michigandon

I'm gonna be there! Don't have a big, cool miltruck at the present time, :( so I'm just bringing the old lady's van with a rental trailer, as I'm picking up an IHC Travelette cab that I'm buying from Wreckerman. I plan on leaving here Wednesday morning and departing the rally Sunday.

Which brings me to me next query...is there anyone with a wrecker or a cranetruck who will be headed back up through this way (Wake county, NC area) Sunday afternoon/evening who can help me get said cab unloaded? I'd ask Cabell to do it, but he has other commitments up in VA that weekend.

TIA!
Don

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I hope we have some type of name tag system again. I brought fill out your own two years ago and it did not work out well. Kenny did a great job last year and I hope we have at least the same for this year.
This year we write your name on your forehead with a Sharpie when you check in.:idea:

A

A/C Cages

I have a vinyl machine if you need any stick on vinyl work done. I can send them up there with Oddball the next time he is at my shop.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan to be the first one there again this year! If the M37 isn't ready, I'll bring my MKT to set up alongside Mike's, so they will have more room if anything else.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has everything but the burners- I have all new vinyl and two griddles. And a brand new NOS still got everything wrapped up M59. And three ladders with 6 railings.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Sounds like we will have a super kitchen this year.......I may drag the big diesel fired water heater setup along since I can't seem to find a buyer for it.......but we will need a 3 phase genny to run it.

I thought I read that someone was bringing one.

My 10K has three phase but unless I hook it behind the van trailer (it has a pintle hitch) I have no way to bring it.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talked with Adam on the phone. We can set up the field sinks for washing pots and pans on his and not have to go down to ground level. I'll get with him at the VA Rally and discuss details. He'll also have a couple of M-59 ovens so we can cook grits, boil water and still have two making biscuits.

Chief_919

You gusy running the chow- I could bring my smoker down along with a big pork shoulder or two for some pulled pork....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
How can we i.d. members has they stop by or stay overnight? Maybe a laptop near the check in station with a printer and some labels? Just a thought.
We will be there Wed evening! We may try to tent camp this year, but we have a nice cabin reserved.
We're going to have "gate guards" this year. I am sure this year will be a big improvement in terms of name tags and having an accurate list of who showed up.

I will need some assistance with name tags. Kenny? PM me if you can help

I hope we have some type of name tag system again. I brought fill out your own two years ago and it did not work out well. Kenny did a great job last year and I hope we have at least the same for this year. I have to put a name and face together several times to be able to remember names, and no, its not an age thing, I never have been able to remember names.

See above. I believe this year we will see a significant improvement.

I am terrible with names too. I felt really bad last year, reading the after rally picture thread. SO many people posting about the good time they had and me asking clintogf "Did you meet this guy? I can't remember him".

Wish I could go too, But I was told to stay within 45 minutes of the hospital at all times in case a pair of lungs show up for me. Im not holding my breath on that one, pun intended...lol
2012 :D

I want to say how much I appreciate so many of you bringing firewood. After we ran out the first year, I've been paranoid about it.

I am afraid I am going to need some volunteers on Wednesday morning, to assist in marking out the field before the bulk of the group arrive. I know Ferro (our "advance scout" :D) will be there probably before anyone, so I will meet up with him Wednesday morning. But we will probably need a little help setting up tents, marking off the various areas (swap meet/camping/MKT zone), etc.

If you can assist it would be appreciated. The pay is low and foreman is ....... difficult but you'll be a better person for it. :cool:

zout

Clinto - we plan on being there opening morning by coming in early to beat Adam this year.

I would like to volunteer to become a better person - I cannot do it by myself after 59 yrs.

I can bring some CRIME SCENE (which will be appropriate) yellow banner as well if needed to mark off areas. Seeing as it was mowed nicely last year - I also have a paint stripping machine with marking paint if needed - it is safety YELLOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks