• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The mowing was a nice gesture by the owner last year was it not??
The folks at Durhamtown always go the extra mile for us.......we appreciate all the help they give us to help make the event a success.

I can bring some CRIME SCENE (which will be appropriate) yellow banner as well if needed to mark off areas. Seeing as it was mowed nicely last year - I also have a paint stripping machine with marking paint if needed - it is safety YELLOW.
I have a couple miles yellow of surveyer tape I'll throw in the van in case we need it.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Squirt with Little truck will be there Wednesday hopefully early, unless I get screwed coming through downtown Atlanta like last year........

Ready and willing to assist, will be making some scouting runs after disembarking, just need another out of the way place for Squirt and tag-along.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
We're going to have "gate guards" this year. I am sure this year will be a big improvement in terms of name tags and having an accurate list of who showed up.

I will need some assistance with name tags. Kenny? PM me if you can help

See above. I believe this year we will see a significant improvement.

I am terrible with names too. I felt really bad last year, reading the after rally picture thread. SO many people posting about the good time they had and me asking clintogf "Did you meet this guy? I can't remember him".

2012 :D

I want to say how much I appreciate so many of you bringing firewood. After we ran out the first year, I've been paranoid about it.

I am afraid I am going to need some volunteers on Wednesday morning, to assist in marking out the field before the bulk of the group arrive. I know Ferro (our "advance scout" :D) will be there probably before anyone, so I will meet up with him Wednesday morning. But we will probably need a little help setting up tents, marking off the various areas (swap meet/camping/MKT zone), etc.

If you can assist it would be appreciated. The pay is low and foreman is ....... difficult but you'll be a better person for it. :cool:

Clint,

I'll be past the big project at work on Sept 15th. I plan to take vacation the entire week of this event. I also plan to be out there first thing.

Let me know when you plan to do the recon and I'll try to come out. We can walk the terrain and finalize the planning.

I will verify with TWIGHT but I think we volunteered for the entry point control and shore patrol for this year along with 2 others.

Shouldn't have to say it on the intial post but no illegal drugs. The punk from last year wasn't even a member and based on our plan this year, we shouldn't have that issue this year.

Gimp and Green Gator are I hope promising not to FORCE me to drink a bottle of Jack this year and I'll keep my cherry eating to a minimum.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think we all SERIOUSLY agree on the no drugs thing. My fault initially on the punk, I offered to Mike (DT) to recover the failed jeep thing so he could fix it and go away. We made it as a (as expected) SS family recovery, Tigger, Dumpster Poppop, and others, and points with Mike on what kind of people we like to think of ourselves and our entertainment as.

Never anticipated he would latch on like a leach and abuse our assistance and generally good natured group. (I should have let him try crossing the lake after we got Gimps truck out and then just left him.......)

Well live and learn. Gate control and a good smattering of Shore Patrol will assist greatly. Read as FIX THIS.

Any assistance on recon will be appreciated, we now have 3 areas to ride in in addition to the atv park after hours. There is over half of the OLD park that we never visited, new areas in last years park, and a totally new park.

Are we there yet?

Last edited:

ralbelt

Wife and I are planing a drive to Fl. in October so I ran a plan by her today to leave R.I. after work on thurs nite, 17 hr drive time, 2 hrs rest and fuel, and arrive at rally about 1400 hrs fri, find motel for the nite leave the rally abour 1400 hrs Sat., head to Marietta Ga. to my brothers till Mon., then to FL. for 10 da. So far she has not said no.
I'm hopeing that this plan comes together .

zout

Well after the first attendance last year we know better how to prepare for this year (more CASH to thrill Carnac with at his booth) plus some more 40 ammo cans from that yankee.

I was just as guilty last year with that bonehead - but not knowing he was not part of the rally was the problem (after it was all done).

Someone sent him down as I had the welder and fixed the front end as a temp fix - they were buzzed around us but nothing was brought out in the open or otherwise they would have been expelled.

Knowing who belonged being our first time there was kind of hard as we barely knew anyone at that time by face.
But - that was last year.

That HOBO sleeping in the hammock all by himself when we first pulled in and scared him was weird - he finally became a part of the group and latched onto a member - that hobo is a great guy.

This year is sounding gangbusters - last year was GREAT and thoses pro's that put it on have me clueless on how they can make it any better except by more attendance - those thinking about coming really need to honker down and get the plans worked out because this GA RALLY is just absolutely awesome and the food is even better yet - you do not go away hungry - if you did it was your own fault.

Those that know my wife and how great of a time she had with MDMORGAN wife out on the trails - I never expected the exhileration level she had when she came back. Be sure to hook up for a ride out on the trails with these experienced members if its your first time.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wreckerman has asked if he could manage t-shirt sales this year (Papabear did such a good job last year that I think WM wants to try and show him up :razz:).

There is a thread up so you guys can discuss sizes and styles, design, etc.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/74079-2011-ga-rally-t-shirt-poll-order-thread.html

I have also edited the first post in this thread as well.

Please carry all t-shirt convo over to the relevant thread.

Carry on gentlemen.

Blythewoodjoe

Hey guys I have a couple of thoughts. First off, I have forgotten all the things I was going to volunteer and do to make the kitchen area a little better. I am a plumber by trade. It seems like there were sewer connections near by and that might make the grease trap unnecessary. Anyway if any of you guys are planning on going down and looking the spot over before the rally, I would like to try and meet you there and see if there is anything I can bring or set up to make the kitchen and so forth easier. I attend church weekly, but Sundays are the easiest to free up. Please call or email me, I don't get on here much because I am busy but I check my email often.

I do have a couple of 3KW diesel generators for that water heater but nether will put out 24 volts. They will run as long as the battery will hold up. I plan to bring the lights again and run them on my china generator. I might bring the surplus projector too but I don't have any more 16mm films, other than rat patrol.

I have all sorts of pipe and fittings to help set up stuff for the kitchen. Lots of wire and plugs too. Let me know if you guys are going to do some recon and I would like to meet you there.

Joe Trapp
joe@joetrapp.com

phil2968

Well the wife decided she does not want to spend the money on a cabin. So tomorrow I will tell Durham Town we are giving up the reservation on Wolf Den 1. Papabear will be taking that one again this year. We are going to stay in my civi tent. We may also try setting up troop seats with bows and a cover for a playhouse for the boys.

Done PB!

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Phil...I want that cabin!!! Can you just keep the reservation and I'll pay you like last year or sumpin???

PRETTY PLEASE WIFF SUGAR ON IT!!!!!!!

A

A/C Cages

I have several rolls oc Caution yellow tape, not crime tape if you all want them for the rally. I also have 4 sets of 2 flood lights per set on tripos pole stands. I think they are 500 watts each light. and 5 generators you can use. all around 5500 or 6500 watts.

You all might as well use them since I cant. Let me know well ahead of time. Im sure someone here in Florida can bring them up and back since I cant come.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phil, you guys are welcome to use my cabin for family things, showering kids each other etc.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ralbelt,
If push comes to shove, I've got RV slots 64 and 65 reserved for the AC power and water. Salafrae's dad camped on one in 2009, and Pete (pctrans) parked on one at the 2010 rally. They are empty otherwise, so just bring a tent and sleeping bag (or purchase both from one of the many vendors who will be present).

zout

Phil - you don;t need no stinkin playhouse for the boys - when you and ma need a break you bring them all to Deb & I - we know how to deal with 5 grandsons aleady - when you need a break and want to enjoy the rally.

I can teach them all kinds of new things before you all get em back rofl

We would be happy to watch them for a while while you folks take time out to just enjoy each other and take a breather - I promise I will not duct tape them up or teach them how to spit farther with luggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks