• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dammit Zout, you owe me a laptop. I just spewed Mountain Dew all over it with the paddle faster thing.

Last edited:

poppop

If I remember correctly that movie was filmed in North Ga. Now where exactly is this Ga. Rally, in North Ga of course. We like Banjos.:shock::p:)

zout

4x4 - we could have a cardboard cutout if someone could draw it - then just stick your head in to get a picture - funds go to the RALLY.

I'll sit back and watch - ain;t stickin my head in that there cut out pic

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I will pick by myself.
You can pick your friends.....you can pick your nose.....but you can't pick your friend's nose.roflrofl

I'll sit back and watch - ain;t stickin my head in that there cut out pic
Ya got the hate it for poor old Ned Beatty.....all of the serious roles he played and he is best remembered for his "love scene" with a toothless hillbilly.:shock:

Is it just me or does the banjo playing kid look a lot like Gimpy??

sandcobra164

I'm just waiting for October already. I'm driving my M1028 and M105 loaded with tent, 4 wheeler and all that stuff to Columbus so PB can load it on a trailer. Then I'll get to drive "The Proud" again, help set up and drink my tail off again. Hopefully, meals on the MKT are still cheap and I'll only need to bring about $40 bucks to have a wonderful weekend. See ya'll there.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Hopefully, meals on the MKT are still cheap and I'll only need to bring about $40 bucks to have a wonderful weekend. See ya'll there.
If you are willing to pull KP and do some pot and pan washing you can eat free.......just coordinate with me and I'll work it out a roster of folks that want to volunteer.

We also need bodies to set up and take down the MKT. It needs to be cleaned before being closed back up. That takes a load off Mike when he gets it back to SC.

We have been promised a mess tent and it will have to be erected/taken down and kept clean and stocked with supplies.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will gladly assist in any recovery efforts,hopefully I will have an MV there this year with a winch.

If I get myself in gear I may have a MV there with 2 winches.

I already have my cabin reserved and just waiting for the days to tick by!!
Hey I just remembered ,, I have a winch now.

zout

The cooker I made is nothing special or really nice looking what you have on the back of that trailer - that is some very nice equipment.

I have roasted a great number of oinkers in this cooker and if I was not prejudice and had witness's from the last roast here I would not mention how nice it roast's.

I think the one at the roast was a 175 pounder and that is about all she could take - cookin time was pretty much what I expected. I did although roast up seperately 2 BIG pork butts for Lifter which got hand delivered to the family - but not without first having WM and Jimma sample the goods to make sure and give them the thumbs up they were worthy of delivery to them.

WM - PB - Clinto saw the cooker which is an end fired unit where there is no flame directly on the "goods".

I sent WM all the details on the vendor I got the pig from (and the previous ones I had done for Harley Davidson dealership fund raisers for the FD and LEO)

We do plan up heading up that Tue night so we are there first thing Wed a.m.

The pig can be left in a nearly frozen state and I can keep it on ice (they are shrink wrapped).

Whatever works out for the Rally Committe - I am just here to serve.

usmctopgun

The cooker I made is nothing special or really nice looking what you have on the back of that trailer - that is some very nice equipment.

WM - PB - Clinto saw the cooker which is an end fired unit where there is no flame directly on the "goods".
Thanks. I built the one pictured a few years ago, fully insulated walls w/ rock wool and it is "indirect" heat as well, flame never touches the actual meat (unless you want it to, as the shields are removable). I primarily use it for fund raisers for Marine Toys for Tots, and of course the occasional church fund raiser for mission trips. It cooks great though, and when the air is regulated properly a couple bags of charcoal will cook for several hours. Never cooked a whole pig on it, but we have cooked several thousand butts on it.

Was just tossing the idea out, if y'all decide it is needed just let me know. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Zout.....I am going to make a command decsion and grant you license to procure "Porky".

We'll reimburse you for the purchase after the evidence is devoured.

I plan on leaving school Tues around 4 which should put me at the site around 9 PM or so.

Wed will prob be spent setting up the mess area....Thurs will be an Admin day for me coordinating with the local LEO's and other parties concerning the Hardball Convoy.

Friday night will be pig meat night for those who make it in by then....leftovers (depends on if Papa Bear is there yet) can be rationed out to the Sat late comers.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Zout.....I am going to make a command decsion and grant you license to procure "Porky".
We'll reimburse you for the purchase after the evidence is devoured.
I plan on leaving school Tues around 4 which should put me at the site around 9 PM or so.
Wed will prob be spent setting up the mess area....Thurs will be an Admin day for me coordinating with the local LEO's and other parties concerning the Hardball Convoy.
Friday night will be pig meat night for those who make it in by then....leftovers (depends on if Papa Bear is there yet) can be rationed out to the Sat late comers.
Just wondering...do you accept welfare cards at the MKT??:cry::oops::oops:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
papabear,

We won't let you starve, but then, after the Bison Grass Vodka, you may not know if or what you've eaten! And, there's always pot washing to do (just make a "will work for food" sign!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks