• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ammo Can Tent/Space/Enviroment heater...

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I appreciate the enthusiasm

Islandguydon: This stove is great. You did an outstanding job with the metal work. The prepper and survivalist community would love to see your stove. [thumbzup] Eaglelover/Frank
Thanks Frank, I appreciate the enthusiasm. I am the buyer/client.

Please contact "TIM" twa@ezdn.net He is the manufacture of these. I just had some time and did the write up to show the forum.

Don

rickf

Hey I just put together who you are. I met so many cool people at the Rally it was hard to remember everyones name but I do remember the Type "A" personality you have. Thanks for the compliment. If your ever in Michigan let me know I will throw some Porterhouses on the grill with Morels on the side.[thumbzup]

Don
Dudley, a type A personality? Never. He is so quiet and laid back!:razz::razz:

I haven't forgotten out first meeting at Aberdeen Dudley!! I have a migraine and Dudley starts hollering in the door of my camper.:shock::shock:

All around good guy. I will be seeing you at Aberdeen again next year.

Rick

rickf

Don't know about where he lives but that is him, Or am I confused? AGAIN!

Lives in Md. and pretty much puts together the Aberdeen show. If we are talking about different people I am going to go hide under a rock.:oops::oops::oops:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are talking about the same guy, from what I remember he said the show is in a huge parking lot with no place to camp out unless you stay in your truck. So I guess the rock is not necessary,lol Good man.

Reminds me of my brother Dave.

Thanks Rick..

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
An Ingenious design! That is exactly the idea that I needed! I had been thinking about building a small wood burning stove. Taking flat steel, bending into box shape, closing of the ends, door, etc.
But doing this way, with starting off with an Ammo Can, cuts most of the fabrication work down to a minimum! Plus Its Easy to Clean Out! Just unlatch, and dump! Great!

Putting this on my current projects To Do List!

Thanks for Posting this!
I bet this would be great for the back of deuce too! Might need a bigger version though for that much space.

Now I just have to find a large ammo can, and make the its big brother stove [thumbzup]

Last edited:

twa@ezdn.net

High Combatmech,
Are you back in town? Here are some pictures of one of the ammo cans we traded for. They are big enough to hold all the stove pipe and other equipment. I still like the smaller cans for the BOV.
Commander5993, They are not difficult to make just a little time consuming. I was at a gun show last week and picked up a ammo can a little bigger than the normal 50. cal can. I think it is for a "saw" the size is 12x9x7 plan to make a stove out of it today. Need help PM.

Thanks guys....keep safe Tim

Attachments

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
High Combatmech,
Are you back in town? Here are some pictures of one of the ammo cans we traded for. They are big enough to hold all the stove pipe and other equipment. I still like the smaller cans for the BOV.
Commander5993, They are not difficult to make just a little time consuming. I was at a gun show last week and picked up a ammo can a little bigger than the normal 50. cal can. I think it is for a "saw" the size is 12x9x7 plan to make a stove out of it today. Need help PM.

Thanks guys....keep safe Tim

Hey Tim! Thanks for the help offer and the new pics! Another Good Design I see! Self Contained too! Would that one, in it's "storage mode", still stack like a regular ammo can? In any case Good Job [thumbzup]

Got one question: Is there an ammo can that is some where around 24" L x 12-16"W x 12"H?? I don't know of one, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks Again for the Great Idea!

twa@ezdn.net

Hi Don,

Real happy with the 20MM stove. Working on a combo stove and grill in this size. There is a patend on this size can but the company is history and the issue date is old. Anyway let me make a couple with the grill stove combos and let you know. I have the lid secured with wing nuts like the small can and nuts holding on the legs. This is a short fall but I painted them yellow and wire tied extras inside the can. I can store all the pipe needed for a GP small tent inside with room for
fire starters and gear. The can is as stackable as the stock unit something I really like.
Keep prepping...Tim

twa@ezdn.net

Don,

Stripping your cans was a major "PITA" I will need to farm that job out! This is supposed to be a fun thing. I own a small financial company and it has been keeping me busy as of late but should have them done soon.

Thanks for the good word...Tim

axlr8

I saw those aluminum penny stoves, we used them on a week long backpacking trip in our scout troop. They will boil water(up to 6 cups) and will boil 1 cup in under a minute. There are several different designs, run off of Denatured alcohol, and are almost free.

On a side note, one of them things would be sweet in a deer blind...

Blueduce

Awesome idea. I wonder if you could build one out of those old steel medical lockers. There built the same way and out of the same material as the ammo cans I think. Also in case you can't find your laser temp gauge here is an old Boy Scout trick to measure the temp with the bare hand.

• Hold your palm close to where the food will be cooking: over the coals or in front of a reflector oven.
  • Count "one-and-one, two-and-two," and so on (each pair is roughly equivalent to one second), for as many seconds as you can hold your hand still.
Seconds Counted Heat Temperature 6-8 Slow 250°-350°F 4-5 Moderate 350°-400°F 2-3 Hot 400°-450°F 1 or less Very Hot 450°-500°F

twa@ezdn.net

(Tim, What are you stripping...? Are you stripping the paint off...?)

Don,
Ya, took it down to the metal on the inside. On my personal 20mm can I used a power sander, cleaned and painted with stove paint. On yours I decided to take all the paint off. Not really sure if it is needed but thats how I played it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks