• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ammo Can Tent/Space/Enviroment heater...

Titanium-Wolverine

Not trying to thread jack you, but I felt like this fit right in with your post.

If you want me to remove this, just send me a note and I will delete it and start a new thread.........

Here is another heater idea you can make from stuff at home.

You guys will see me revert back to beer and accessories quite often..........LOL

OK here is my beer can heater, made from a bud lite can (for you non beer drinkers, any pop can will do), I coated it with JB weld to seal the seam.

Use dentured alchohol, about 1 table spoon will boil 1.5 cups of water (in a thing hiking pan). or 3 table spoons will heat a 3 person tent quickly for a about 7 mins in 30 degree temps (change clothes, take a wipey bath, spend quality time with the wifey on a hiking trip, whatever.....heheheh).

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Titanium-Wolverine

Super cool, I like the blue flame. The ingenuity and resourcefulness of the people here constantly amaze me. I know that took some time to do,Thanks Wolverine. Thats 1 Rep point from me..[thumbzup]

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mdmorganwife,
Yes you need to take out the rubber seal. The lid will not snap shut anymore so you will need to drill a hole install a bolt and wing nut to keep handle in the closed position . Works fine.
I traded a stove to combatmech for some 20mm cans and I am working on a stove design for it, and a center console for my CUCV.

Tim

Tim , post a few pictures of the center consol 20mm Ammo Can you have.

twa@ezdn.net

Been very busy, hope to start the console next week. I need to do some tests on my stove mod and give you an update. I will be getting my staff back in order soon so I can spend more time on the important stuff!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
In vietnam we would take a c-rat cracker can, put in sand then something that burned ( gas, diesel, alcohol, whiskey, ect.) then two big nails, medal rods, what ever, then use this stove to heat the the c-rats, hot water, ect. when done, put out the stove, dump it out, save it for next use, fuel was easy to get.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
along with the heaters, the stove, I would send at least 6 of eack to the rally, got NOTHING to loose, bet thay would sell, MVers like NEAT stuff

twa@ezdn.net

It’s a lot harder to be away from my business than it us to be. Glad you all had a great time in GA. I have been tweaking the design and looking for better quality stove pipe but the stoves are getting better the more I make and they are selling as fast as I can make them. Waiting on paper work before I start ramping up production.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice meeting you Don and getting some quality chat time with you over the fire at GA. Great pictures. I love this ammo can heater thread.
Hey I just put together who you are. I met so many cool people at the Rally it was hard to remember everyones name but I do remember the Type "A" personality you have. Thanks for the compliment. If your ever in Michigan let me know I will throw some Porterhouses on the grill with Morels on the side.[thumbzup]

Don

eaglelover

50 cal stove

Islandguydon: This stove is great. You did an outstanding job with the metal work. The prepper and survivalist community would love to see your stove. [thumbzup] Eaglelover/Frank

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks