• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2011 Rausch Creek MV Rally

powerhouseduece

Haven't had to use it yet, but you two will be reunited for the weekend! I'll be bringing it with me just in case.

Looking forward to drinking some cold ones with you, but I think I'll take the sissy trails this time.
same to you. I highly recommend going over to the new property for the first day. Lots of smooth open trails over there.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My plan is to leave thursday after work... have dinner with a friend in scranton... then head back on the highway and get there later that night. pulling in late isnt a problem with Rausch Creek people is it?

shenkmen

I may arrive Friday morning instead of Saturday morning - I have to see how things work out.

Start Time
What time do we want to figure on heading out Friday and Saturday. 9 am?

Medical Cases (edit: the cases are gone)
I still have a few Hardigg medical cases to get rid of. Uncle Sam Paid $800 for each one. All I need is $60. They are in excellent shape and appear almost new. The seals and the ten locking clasps on each case work. This is them - Pelican-Hardigg*472-MED-30180802*Medical Supply Trunk

Deuce Troop Seats
I also have a set of deuce troop seats. They are in average shape, some splits, two of the uprights need to be replaced as I had to cut them out. Fully functional prior to removal. I have 5 extra uprights and they are included, only 2 are needed. The right pieces to complete the set and extras are included. All I need is two cases of Rolling rock and they are yours.

PM me if you are interested in the cases or seats and I will bring them to RC.

Anybody else have stuff to get rid of?

Last edited:

shenkmen

Will be in the civvy truck again, the deuce in currently listed on eBay so the high bidder will be driving it away next week sometime. Anyways, I'll be needing a passenger seat to plop my ass in again.
As of right now my passenger seat is empty. Feel free to hop in.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone wants to help out an unemployed MV enthusiast, I can bring any of the things below. PM me for details, a lot of these are listed in the classifieds...

Attachments

THEROAD

I have been on on all the green tails and they are fine for an M35A2. Some are very narrow and we have had to cut a few trees in past years. One was so steep some of the guys peed their pants, but I say they were not up to the task of driving. If it is really steep put her in low range and stay off the breaks. You can't steer with the front wheels locked up on gravel.
All on the deep mud can be avoided. If you want to get wet you can, but all have a go around. Some of the rocky trails are a PITA. Just don't lock your thumbs around the steering wheel or you get them broken.
The new trails look really easy.
It is no fun if you do not take some risks. If you are not sure just follow and watch. We usually go so slow you can watch the leaves turn color. Everyone is there to help if you get in trouble. After many miles on these trails no one has had real trouble. Usually a chain saw solves the problems.
Now let's go.

shenkmen

I may arrive Friday morning instead of Saturday morning - I have to see how things work out.

Start Time
What time do we want to figure on heading out Friday and Saturday. 9 am?

Medical Cases
I still have a few Hardigg medical cases to get rid of. Uncle Sam Paid $800 for each one. All I need is $60. They are in excellent shape and appear almost new. The seals and the ten locking clasps on each case work. This is them - Pelican-Hardigg*472-MED-30180802*Medical Supply Trunk

Deuce Troop Seats
I also have a set of deuce troop seats. They are in average shape, some splits, two of the uprights need to be replaced as I had to cut them out. Fully functional prior to removal. I have extra (10?) uprights and they are included. All I need is two cases of Rolling rock and they are yours.

PM me if you are interested in the cases or seats and I will bring them to RC.

Anybody else have stuff to get rid of?
The cases are gone. The seats still remain. Turns out I have 5 pieces of uprights but still the right parts to make a full set. PM me if interested.

Today I ordered short ribs which I will smoke and bring with me. Still trying to work out my arrival time and will know for sure tomorrow am. I'll be there somewhere between Thursday afternoon and Friday afternoon.

Trail Start times ???
What time do we want to hit the trails? This will help everybody get out at the same time and plan arrival times. I think we set up a 9 am start time last year. Sound good? No? Thoughts?

Reserving Spots
THEROAD, so far you are the first arrival on Thursday. Can you reserve campsites for the crew?

Thursday Arrivals
Who plans on arriving Thursday?

Get those trucks ready boys!

Cheers

Last edited:

PaFarmer

The Road and I are arriving Friday at 8AM. 9am is a good target for setting out to ride. We can come back for lunch at 12 and go back out at 1PM for an afternoon ride.

powerhouseduece

To the first person that will be there. Please rope off some spots for fellow members, and I would advise you from getting the spots right next to the entrance. I do not care for the sound of trailers bouncing in the gate all night. I'm also going to have to park further down because I will be driving the m916 towing a 48' trailer.

THEROAD

The problem with the other end is all the dust. Good news is it looks like really good weather this year. I don't remember the noise, but then alcohol helps deaden the senses. The treed area has some nice shade, but we have stayed at both spots.

kastein please what are you the tree police? If we can't get through then a tree a may get sacrificed for the greater good. Not like the place will miss a tree or three. We found out cutting them is quicker then just running them over and getting stuck on the root ball. Just check out the pic from 09.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks