• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Rim Size and Backspace

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
....... Somehow I knew you would have been the one to know such things!:p
LOL.., with so many M1008s out there one would expect the correct answer in the following minutes.... not 4 hours later!
No I didn't know it, or say I did for a short time, last time this Q came up, but then forgotten... so I had to go measure, again - which took me maybe two minutes? ...:)

G.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to find a factory appearing wheel in an 8" width. Widening or having them custom made may be my only choice. Wonder if Long Wheel is up to the task?

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL.., with so many M1008s out there one would expect the correct answer in the following minutes.... not 4 hours later!
No I didn't know it, or say I did for a short time, last time this Q came up, but then forgotten... so I had to go measure, again - which took me maybe two minutes? ...:)

G.
I would agree. I thought about going out and checking mine, but I'm still South of you! Maybe with the 'politically correct' thread title, we'll be able to find it easily!

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found Long wheel and Rim and went looking through the site. All I find is a video of the president and some of the workers. Could not find what type of rims they offer. Does anyone know if they can do a Chevy OEM looking rim in 16x8 or 9, and about how much they would go for?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For what its worth, the early 90s and prob 80s Ford truck rims ar 16x7. Gives you an extra half inch width.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to find a factory appearing wheel in an 8" width. Widening or having them custom made may be my only choice. Wonder if Long Wheel is up to the task?
I bought some of a ford van E350 and they worked very well on the My m1028a2 with 285-80r16-120 ld range e.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks