• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Surplus Yards in Ga?

I'm curious, does anyone on this list have a historic licensed bridge truck (or a 10 ton for that matter) that they drive around full width and not get hassled? I'm not talking a daily driver but the weekend run or parades.

rmgill

CSI just moved there from Dallas Ga. They had a big yard there that they were slowly emptying. They've been in Dallas for at least 8 years now. The reason it looks all new and neat is because they just moved in. :)

ironhorsethegeneral

We have seen the new yard. Been there and done that. That is where we get parts for our trucks. It is alot closer than SECO in Augusta, GA. That is where we bought our second truck from. They are great people to deal with.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just called for a used transfer case-$1450!!! :shock: Holy cow! Adlemans has rebuilts for $600 and Wiggington has used ones for 250$. Their stuff must be gold plated!

alphadeltaromeo

RE: !!

I'm quite sure that they have an export contract. I'd like to go over and talk with the owner and discuss their potential to offer good prices to this industry, as the competition is much better....then gauge their response or willingness to be reasonable. If not, best of luck to them :)

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am guessing they make their money from foreign govt's (collectors could not afford their prices). Don't see any dropping of prices. I saw somewhere they did several million in sales, that's probably not to the little guys.

alphadeltaromeo

Jim...you're probs right, but if I don't ask, I can't expect anything. I'll give it a shot and see what I can come up with...if nothing...no harm done :)

OSO

RE: !!

That's A GREEN CANDYLAND !!!! Sure would like to stumble through that place , then again working there wouldn't be too bad either.

Cdub

Re: RE: !!

OSO said:
That's A GREEN CANDYLAND !!!! Sure would like to stumble through that place , then again working there wouldn't be too bad either.
Same goes for me...........just kinda wonder around check out all the cool stuff....

I also called about a radio mounting brackets and a steering wheel for a 939 series and they haven't got back to me either........??

I know the radio brackets could be hard to find but a steering wheel....dunno...?!?!

C'dub

offroaddiesel

RE: Re: RE: !!

wow thanks for posting all those pics.it look like a fun day.iam in the market for a mv, hopfully this winter,well any way thats the plan.i go to fla on occasion and was wondering is this the yard that is visible from 95.i saw some trucks from 95 a few years ago, did not stop ,at the time was not in the market for a mv. i searched the south for powerwagons and came up empty. if i go to fla this winter i will for sure stop and vist. steve

alphadeltaromeo

RE: Re: RE: !!

...but...if you do make it this direction I'll be happy to cruise out there with you. It's basically a 200 mile trip from the other side to my place.

Andy

GerWJ

GAMVPA

have you contacted the gamvpa not sure on the contact but they have a club newsletter give jim simmons a shout he will know about club and he has some stuff for sale 706.654.2159 he's not far from you not sure what your looking for but Jim on has small place on hwy 29 near danielsville just east of athens
hope thats helps a little

Bill W

RE: GAMVPA

I've been to Shirleys ( about 30 miles from me )
He's a good ol boy,heck last time I went there he was cutting up a cow in front of the office!
He is very proud of his trucks $$
I've priced/bought several things from him, some of his stuff is way high and some way low I think it all goes by what kind of mood he's in ( DON'T mention Vietnam war!! ), other then that he's a pretty cool guy. His whole yard is a disarray of half started/finished projects. He also has the largest collection of vintage Buick Riviara's in the south!, for what ever thats worth :eek:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was at shirleys yesterday. Had a wide variety of stuff. The smaller items seemed the most reasonable. I am going back next week (will take camera) to get some 5KW parts. Seemed like a good guy.

jettscott

Newbie here, but a couple of my mil and non mil projects need axles. I'm looking at the one's that should have come under my m1009 blazer, 60 front and 14 rear. Does Mr. Shirley have a good supply of these and if so, at what price? Also, something I've never been quite clear on, do the M1008s carry the same gear ratios as the M1028? Thanks in advance for the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks