• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cat 3116

rizzo

I bought a CAT 3116 motor with an Allison 6 speed attached to it. It has about 50k on it and the trans has PTO capability.

I was thinking of putting this in my M108 along with 46inch tires.

thoughts or opinions??

Hookin1

Thats a good find..sounds like a M35A3 setup....the only problem with 3116's is they are a bear to set the injectors...when they run good they are really great,,,,,i will see if i can get a copy of the engine manual from work for ya....i'll need to know which serial number engine you have though

rizzo

I got it from a friend who took it out of a dump truck. I don't have it yet. I will probably get it in a month or two.

I did not know that is what they put in the A3's.

all I know about the trans is its a 6 speed.

Towman2277

It should say the H.P. rating on the drive side engine plate. I believe the most common is 190 HP. They are great motors, they just have a system called "the Rack" that is tough to set the injectors without experienced help. Great find though. You don't need it anyway ( I'll pay the shipping to my place!!) [thumbzup]

24-VOLTS

How does the engine fit in the duece space wise ?
I am curious due to I would rather have the cat vrs. cummings.
But was wanting to put electric fans in. So was wondering if there would be space for them.

Thanks

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ditto to what Jason said - a lot of work-I have looked A3's over and man, you'd be busy for a while.

rizzo

it is in a 84 ford single axle semi right now. I use it to haul light stuff around. I wonder what the HP and torque would be on it.

I have a couple multi's in scrap trucks right now. Maybe I should just put a multi in it. Sounds like the easiest

Trango

Someone told me a 3208 will fit. :)

I'd also look into the DD V6's. I wish I would have investigated those before I dropped in the 3208. Don't get me wrong - great engine, but you can bomb the bejeezus out of the DD's (again, from what I've heard after I got this thing in there).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks