• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cat 3116

rdixiemiller

Richards and Associates ran deuces and 5 tons for years in Ga. They wore out the original gas engines, then started experimenting. They put in big Ford V8 industrial engines with automatics, said they did no better than the OA331's. They made up quite a few with 6V53's. They set the engine a little forward to give clearance to the steering column. This required bending tranny sticks and making a longer jack shaft. It was supposed to be a good conversion, but most of those trucks were worn out and scrapped out years ago.

Trango

I had to bend the heck out of my shifter. It comes in right under the dash... if I had left it straight, it would be in the middle of my windshield in dead neutral. Ummm, yeah. Bad.

But, a little work with the torch , and it's totally dialled.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice 108's are not common I'd keep it origional-or you could sell it cheap. :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks