• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 Install

wsucougarx

I'm right there with you Sam. I bought 10 ir lights back in the day when they were $12 each. Two weeks ago I bought 5 cx4723 cables they had up. Defintately need to check their items almost daily. They have a ton of cool stuff that just shows up out of the blue. They are outstanding!

thebiggourdhead

Does anyone know of an alternative to the H-161 headset for the VIC-1 system? I have a four station setup in my HMMWV and plan one for my deuce but the sets (NOS) are terrible. Anyway to clean up the pot noise, etc. Thanks.

wsucougarx

An alternative to the h161 is the H-250 headset with the separate mic M-80. Another option to get rid of unwanted sound it's to use the line noise filter. However the drawback is you'll need one for each station. plus it'll double the number of cables needed.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you have a control box installed with a LS-454U speaker and use a headset on the control box at the same time?

CanonNinja

so YOU"VE been the people bidding against me! :twisted:

I've managed a few extra parts, my last 1780 and control boxes are actually NOS. With the help of Old Grouch and Patsy, I have essentially an NOS VIC-1 and SINCGARS radio installation in my truck now. Not so much on my RT-1473, but atleast it all works and looks great. Now if I can find a PLGR without getting ripped off....

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I always suggest an under bed mount at the rear of the truck. Use that with a bailout cable for backing (especially at night). Suggest mounting it on the right rear.

CanonNinja

I've got another box im going to use back there, I just havent found a 25' 4723 cable to use.... already got the 20' bail out cable for it though

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always suggest an under bed mount at the rear of the truck. Use that with a bailout cable for backing (especially at night). Suggest mounting it on the right rear.
Gee I showed my underbed installation and folks thought I had two heads. :roll:

wsucougarx

I think he's referring to the H-161 headset. It has a bail out cable so you don't have to remove the headset or the cables from the control boxes. It has a junction in the cable that allows you to disconnect and reconnect.
H-161A/U Headset

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks