• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 Install

IroncladGA

I've seen all the discussion about VIC-1 install, pretty sure I understand the order, and I have all the hardware, but I'm looking for cables.

At this point, I need a CX-10613, a CX-13089 and a few CX-4723s. Might get a spare CX-4720 too.

I have ordered a few cables from Fair Radio (all except the 10613), but they'll be a few days in transit. I would like to work on this project some this weekend. Anyone happen to know of a place or person around Atlanta that sells cables?

Thanks!

wsucougarx

Cables pop up time to time on Ebay. I just bought 6 CX-4723's last week for my future M923. The guy I bought them from didn't have more. Just keep checking.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some pictures of the VIC 1 install in my deuce. I wanted a headset option in the cargo bed so Steve Haney equipped the bed control box with weather caps and I installed it under my bed. I also install 3 control boxes in the cab to accomodate my ever growing grand kid population. Threw in a photo of my Battery Minder for good measure. :razz:

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I wanted to keep it out of the rain and the main purpose will be to assist the driver (me) when backing up, particularly with the M105 attached. Works okay for me but may be unorthodox. :oops:

wsucougarx

Here's what I did with my VIC-1. I installed 3 stations in cab (added a middle seatbelt). I put a control box on the headache rack with an LS-454 speaker (for those in the bed without a headset so they can listen to comms). Then I ran a CX-4723 from that control box to another one at the rear of the truck for parade detail. You can hook the Control boxes together no problem. It takes your 4 station AM-1780 and makes it into a 5+ system. Just don't connect too many boxes in a row...LOL. Just some ideas to throw out there;-).
One more thing, when you do mount the C-10456 or C-2298 to the boards, you may need to run a ground wire in some cases.

Last edited:

wsucougarx

I've bought all my VIC-1 stuff through bronco_buddy on ebay. I have bought 3 complete systems and have another 8 AM-1780's and 40 C-10456's to go through. Eventually I'll get around to testing them and selling them. I also have about 20 brand new LS-454's I need to figure out what I'm going to do with.

Welder Sam

Ls-454... loudspeakers? Hmmm... ive been kicking around the idea of adding them into my planned systems. I bought my amps and station boxes from bronco_buddy too. Good to hear of success on them. Given the price, i figrured theyd make nice decorations.. theyre real good people. Ive done a ton of business with them.

Welder Sam

Wow. Youre on em! I never saw those go up. I did just get the amp adapter and a gunners platform in. Gonna try to use the platform for a center console. Ive gotten 6 1780's and probably 12 2298's, all of they led rears and apc headlights, 4 nice lifting cables and several big clevis'. Theyre one of my favorite sellers! I know ive gotten more than that from them but cant remember

Will the sincgars ls work with the old vic-1?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks