• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 MWO Identification

brock

OK, I've got a RRAD truck as well. I contacted RRAD to inquire about what they actually do to the M923's. RRAD would typically get all the SouthWest Asia truck (M939's in RRAD's case) and they'd go through them. Among other things, they re-CARC'd all the trucks back to 3 color NATO camo, changed out to Hawker's batteries, and installed hardtops in many cases. The trucks are NOT rebuilt at all. They just went through and retested everything. In none of the phases of RRAD are the trucks actually disassembled like you would find in an actual rebuild scenario. Luckily my truck had a bad engine and something wrong with it's tranny and transfer case when it went to RRAD;-). What I got is a newly rebuilt motor (European rebuild tags, newly rebuilt tranny, and newly rebuilt transfer case. The truck has about 2000 miles on her from it's time at RRAD. My deuces have all dropped to last place:oops:.
I recently purchased a truck rebuilt by RRAD.

I contacted RRAD to get info on where my truck came from and any other info on what was done to it. They couldnt tell me where it was stationed but they did have the rebuild records for my truck. They stripped the entire truck to the frame and rebuilt everything before putting it back on. I have a rebuilt engine, tranny and transfer case along with all three axles being rebuilt. The cab was removed and all new bushings installed before being put back on. All new air lines and CTIS components. They went through everrything.

Im not saying you're wrong, I just think there might be different levels of refurbishment. Either way Im very happy. My truck looks and drives like new!

Over

I recently purchased a truck rebuilt by RRAD.

I contacted RRAD to get info on where my truck came from and any other info on what was done to it. They couldnt tell me where it was stationed but they did have the rebuild records for my truck. They stripped the entire truck to the frame and rebuilt everything before putting it back on. I have a rebuilt engine, tranny and transfer case along with all three axles being rebuilt. The cab was removed and all new bushings installed before being put back on. All new air lines and CTIS components. They went through everrything.

Im not saying you're wrong, I just think there might be different levels of refurbishment. Either way Im very happy. My truck looks and drives like new!
How do I go about getting a hold of RRAD? My truck is a M925AO and has a "overhauled at RRAD LSMC" plate dated 09/08 on the drivers side. The speedo says 35,000 and would like to know what they did. On the same plate is a list of MWO's applied: 55 1; 20 2; 20 5 Pre App; 20 6 Pre App. Under that is the triangle plates 272-23-2 and one reading 24-1 Pre App.

20140711_123342_resized.jpg20140711_123353_resized.jpg20140711_123337_resized.jpg

Last edited:

shoveldead

I contacted RRAD last week via email (email address listed on their website) I provided them with my 925A1 serial number and rebuild date. They replied to my email with what they did to my truck during the rebuild. Their email was pretty extensive and detailed. I was quite impressed that they took the time to provide me with the info. They took my truck down to frame. My truck did not get a rebuilt engine or trans but they were thoroughly bench tested.

Over

I contacted RRAD last week via email (email address listed on their website) I provided them with my 925A1 serial number and rebuild date. They replied to my email with what they did to my truck during the rebuild. Their email was pretty extensive and detailed. I was quite impressed that they took the time to provide me with the info. They took my truck down to frame. My truck did not get a rebuilt engine or trans but they were thoroughly bench tested.
What does RRAD LSMC stand for and what is their website. Red River Arsenal Depo? Appreciate the info. I searched but Google didn't bring up what it stood for and I have kind of given up on the SS advanced search. Thanks in advance.

Went to their site:
RED RIVER ARMY DEPO and just a guess for LSMC Logistic Support Marine Corp?
Public Affairs: 'usarmy.rrad.usamc.list.tarr-ba@mail.mil'
5 ton trucks: 'usarmy.rrad.usamc.list.5t-dump-truck@mail.mil'

Last edited:

Landbarger

I hate to resurrect this thread after almost a year and a half, but I wasn't able to use the link in post #20 to find every MWO posted on my door frame. Did one of those publications have a complete listing of MWOs and I'm just too dumb to see it? :confused:

I'm still looking for MWOs ending with 25-2 and 23-1...

MtnSnow

Yeah if they are hand engraved sometimes the numbers are hard to read. I actually had to take a close up picture of one of mine and then view the picture on my computer enlarged to make out the numbers on that tag of mine.

IFAW50

M931A2 Rebuild Tag Information

Hello!
I hope everybody is well.

Would someone please help me identify these rebuild tags that are beside the driver's seat base of my M931A2:

MWO
APPLIED
272-20-7
DATE
3-31-06

MWO
APPLIED
272-35-1
DATE
1-25-07

MWO
APPLIED
272-20-8
DATE
12-5-06

The Last Tag Is Kind Of Hard To Make Out But I'm Most Certain That It Reads:

MWO
APPLIED
272-31
DATE
AUG 12

One of the tags has to be for the Cummins. I'd say the last one maybe, because it looks to be right out of the crate.

All Black, Sleek, and Shining Like A New Dime.

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks For Looking & Have A Nice Day! :)

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a link to the same thread we're in, lol.

20-7 is the Brake Proportioning Valve Modification
35-1 is the ABS Retrofit
20-8 is the Accelerator Linkage Modification

I think the 272-31 you posted is not correct but I could be wrong. I'm not sure if I have all of them downloaded.
Post # 35 was a new thread that was started today , that I link this thread to . The moderators merged it with this thread.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had followed the subscription email link directly to the thread. When I went to the forum I saw where the thread had been moved, but after I had already posted. Had me going for a minute though. I kept clicking the link and thought something was wrong with my phone. I had about 8 windows open before I figured out what was going on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks