• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL new website

3dAngus

Of course, that's the easy part.

I'm just speculating due to all the problems they have had in the past during the last 15 minutes. I know how govt contracts work. I've written $millions of dollars of them. They are a govt contractor. They have standards they need adhere to. They will have to make change in order to alleviate the problems they have been witnessing on the bottlenecks at the last 15 minutes, where bidders cannot get in there bids. It's a given.

Whether or not improvement has been made or not at this point, I cannot say without sitting in the Contracting Officers quarterly meetings, but I do know some progess need be made.
And while they do that, they might as well do some of the window dressing we are currently seeing. Like I said, that's the easy part.

LanceRobson

Well, lets see....

I couldn't use the feedback page since the text in the dialog box wouldn't wrap or respond to the Enter key so I could only type a few words before it locked up.

It now takes a pogo stick, three hula-hoops and a yo-yo to search for the items for sale in a single state where before you clicked on one tab (available on every page), selected the state and hit Search.

There is no function to expand the descriptions on a page anymore so now you have to open every item to see the full description.

Obviously GL doesn't care if they waste my time.

Even more obviously they could care less about the significant portion of the population without broadband internet service. Can you imagine how painful using the site will be for slow speed connections with a gazillion thumbnail pictures on each page and no apparent way to pick a stripped down display? Heck, even Epay gives you that.

And yes, I did send all those issues off to GL.

Lance

3dAngus

Yes, and acting differently now then it was before. I can now see exactly what Ian was saying about a state search. Before it would come up, not now. Now you have to click on advanced search, then click on "state", and all the stuff in any one state comes up. I could not see that before because, from my login, it did work OK.

I believe the web is in a state of flux, or there may be several servers operating with different versions, which isn't suppossed to happen. Dunno. I do know what you see and get when you login is different then when not, as also stated by another. Might have to give em a few weeks for everything to settle. Not seeing anything here we can't work around, but I realize how frustrating it can be, as I'm seeing different things at different times from this same computer. Seems kinda weird.

lost in the bush

Yep.. it is all a matter how often your provider, your providers provider etc. clear their Cache...
How many DNS pass offs you have to deal with before you are linked to site.. Give it 72 hours and most DNS and Cache should be cleared out of the net.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder when they are going to auction off that fighter jet on the main page? A little misleading if you ask me.

It also says if you bid you take part in "one of the largest green initiatives is US history".:???:
I guess when "going green" is the latest fad everybody has to jump in.

3dAngus

Anyone notice the "past bid results"? a method of looking up past auction prices?

It's on the bottom of the page. You can now look up any price of any item sold in the recent past with past bid results. Also, under "My account" in the top right hand of any page, you can go to "closed watchlist" and see the recently sold price of anything you had in your most recent watchlist. I used it to look up a price of a hoovercraft in California I forgot about but never intended to bid on, due to the enormous shipping cost, and the price came up.

This is a tremendously helpful set of features for lookup and history tracking of prices.
It offers greater transparancy into prices of past sold items, something I wrote GL about a while ago. I love this feature.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps it's been realigned for smartphone users. As has been discused in the past, when one has the market of specific goods monopolized, customer service will be an oxymoron. This realignment was probably just their way of spending grant money or pork on the back of a bill.

carbonraptor

Agreed. The customer service needs help. I checked out the new site and I have to say I am dissapointed. To make matters worse I just purchased a new M925 and my EUC got approved today, so I look on my invoice where I found the contact number previously for the base so I could call and make a appointment to take it home and guess what!?! the numbers gone! WTF, I looked all over the site and cant find any way of getting this number other than calling or getting on a live chat with them which also is in a funky place. The new site sucks, but thats just my 2c's

3dAngus

Agreed. The customer service needs help. I checked out the new site and I have to say I am dissapointed. To make matters worse I just purchased a new M925 and my EUC got approved today, so I look on my invoice where I found the contact number previously for the base so I could call and make a appointment to take it home and guess what!?! the numbers gone! WTF, I looked all over the site and cant find any way of getting this number other than calling or getting on a live chat with them which also is in a funky place. The new site sucks, but thats just my 2c's
I checked a few sites, and found the phone number to be listed on the individual auction details under "contact details". Address too, but I'm sure they are not ALL caught up there. What site did you buy the truck from.

Looks like most of the phone numbers are the same. I guess we are going to have to go through St. Louis to set anything up anymore. There was a thread on this some time back, about how the phone numbers were dissappearing. We're might have to make up our own phone directory on this site.

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw it. Navigated the website. Looks and works stupid. I liked the older site better, only thing I like about the new site it is seems like they are using bigger pictures now (bout time, they've been using large thumbnails in a megapixel world for 10 years now).

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I just took a quick look at it on my iPad. Listings aren't displaying properly; I'll try it on my laptop tonight. I found that you can add items to your watchlist from the results list by clicking on the little eye under each listing. Pictures also aren't all properly matched to listings at the sites where I searched, but that may not have anything to do with the new web page format. Overall, I haven't had much trouble finding my way around in the new format so far.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I posted the thread about only getting the Phoenix number no matter which site you went to.

Just one more firewall you have to breech to get something you need......I have the numbers of the sites I use the most.

The new site was designed by an idiot after consulting with a group of morons.:roll::roll:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I posted the thread about only getting the Phoenix number no matter which site you went to.
Just one more firewall you have to breech to get something you need......I have the numbers of the sites I use the most.
The new site was designed by an idiot after consulting with a group of morons.:roll::roll:
I thought you were a journalist....not a puter feller??:-?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks