• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL new website

markmontana

Having recently revamped my website- I can tell you it will be a while before they get the bugs out and get all the features working right- BUT I'm sure they can do a lot more with this new framework- so it will get better with time and input from users.

Send them feedback- if you can find where to do that...

They invested a ton of money in the new software- my guys tell me it is probably IBM...

Warren Lovell

Viewing the photos is more of a pain now. Before you didnt have to open the entire auction, you could just bring up the photos. Bad change number one.

Two, you have to reduce map size in the search locations to see the complete picture. bad change number two.

Find Items is gone in the menu. Bad change number three.

I would like it if I was viewing a certain state, that when I went to the back button i wouldnt have to start all over again.

So, someone in I.T. had to justify their postition? I'm sure we'll get used to it eventually.

"No sir, I don't like it"

3dAngus

You can provide user feedback at the following address, where, incidently, I have had good sucess for improvements in the past. I prefix the header information with the title, "SCG" for "Software Change Request", and "Please forward to the webmaster", followed by the body citing (1.) the problem, and (2.) the recommended solution. You can expect it to go into the bit bucket if you interject a bunch of emotion in it. Keep it professional please and your personal opinion out of it. Just the facts...

I recommend you use it and provide some positive feedback if you see a weakness or change required.

Feedback Form at Government Liquidation

3dAngus

More than one way to skin a cat.

To get to similiar items on the same location, for now, you just click on the item of interest, then click on the "Event ID" above it, and this gives you a world wide search for similiar items. To narrow it down to one location or state, further click on the top pull down menu bar and column header, sometimes twice, named, "Location". that will alphabetize your listings by site location in forward or reverse order, depending on how many times you click on it. You can then zoom down to the location of interest.

Also, as soon as you click on any item of interest, a number of other pictures are put up on the left of similiar items worldwide you can quickly look at. From any of these you can use the same set of procedures listed above to get to a specific location of similiar items.

I do agree, the other way was quicker, but we can achieve the same result. If it remains a problem, recommend a Software change request be submitted for improvement to the current site.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Live Chat function had beed retitled.

From you account page, on the left hand side is the "Customer Care" button under Tools

On a side note, how long have you had to wait to schedule a pickup time at a un-maned GL site?

I have an item in Wichita KS that I have been waiting a month to schedule a pickup date. Keep getting the canned answer of "you are on the list to be called when we have a person available for loadout."
:evil::soapbox:

Last edited:

lost in the bush

Played with the Beta version two weeks ago.. I still can not find and easy way to search by state. Other than advanced search - than find state - then click search. a bit long however doable.

Unfortunately with every software upgrade their is a learning curve.

3dAngus

Very easy to search by state.

1. Click on locations, on top of page
2. Click on state, in text, not the map (edited for clarity)
3. If you only want to preview a certain base in that state, click on it. If you want to view all sites within that state, click on "show all sites" at bottom of all the individual sites.

You can get to any base, post, or state within 15 seconds with a broadband connection, from the home page or any other page.

The map function there is faulty and not completed. It does not list all the various sites within a state, nor all the items for sale. Stick with the text where there is a state listing in alphabetical order.

Last edited:

lavarok

Very easy to search by state.

1. Click on locations, on top of page
2. Click on state
3. If you only want to preview a certain base in that state, click on it. If you want to view all sites within that state, click on "show all sites" at bottom of all the individual sites.

You can get to any base, post, or state within 15 seconds with a broadband connection, from the home page or any other page.
Nope, that just changes the listing of sites with or without lots within the state. You still need to navigate into each site and not the whole state. Advanced search allows it though.

I also miss the little check box for going down a listing, ticking the ones I want to watch, then submitting them all at once. Sure I can click the little eye ball, but what if I wanted all the items minus two or three? It was easy to select check all, then un-check the ones you didn't want.

Also, share buttons..really? Who is going to share lots onto Facebook or twitter....stupid...

I think their web designer/project manager needs to read this thread.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Click on their ad on this page. If that doesn't work, clear your cache/history
As a previous poster stated, you must Login in order to see the changes. Clicking on ads, clearing cache/history/etc... won't work, you need to LOGIN to see the changes.

FWIW, I like the changes and the new layout; seems easier to find what I'm looking for, especially stuff involving my account & auctions watched/won.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Do not just click on the state on the map, it will give you false info. What you need to do is scroll down to where the list of states is and click it there to get a true link.

Try Kansas on the map ,Ft Riley shows only 4 lots..... scroll down to the states by name hit Kansas, Ft Riley and presto 58 lots! I think they have a couple of bugs that still need to be worked out.

3dAngus

Yep, you don't click on the map, I found that out early on.

That's why I said click on the state. I meant down below with the state listing.

The old site had bugs too. I would have to scratch every now and then. And the manner in which the local GL guys will catalog, which is meant to be standardized but is not perfect, makes a huge difference as well on whether it will show up under a certain category or not.

I like the old site, I like the new site. It's just different, but with all the plus or minuses, I would say it is all just a wash from a user interface perspective.

My guess is, what lies underneath is more important. There is probably some faster processing, a better and updated database, and less liklihood of catastrophic failure in the last 15 minutes in a nationwide bidding process where everything comes to a grinding halt.

Just a guess.

lavarok

My guess is, what lies underneath is more important. There is probably some faster processing, a better and updated database, and less liklihood of catastrophic failure in the last 15 minutes in a nationwide bidding process where everything comes to a grinding halt.

Just a guess.

Your optimistic..I bet the back end is the same. One can easily change the front end web portal without ever modifying the underlying systems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks