• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL new website

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Upon my first review of the changes, I had a positive opinion. Granted, NO ONE really "likes" change, but eventually we do get used to it.

I did have one concern, and here is a copy of the email exchange I had with GL...

Dear Mr. Bariou,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We appreciate your feedback.

Yes, there are plans to bring it back in the near future.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Government Liquidation
15051 N. Kierland Blvd.
Suite 300
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Phone: 480-367-1300
Fax: 480-367-1450
E-mail: info@govliquidation.com

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 8:37 AM
To: GL Info
Subject: Feedback from user **************

The NEW GL website looks GREAT so far.

However, I do not see the option (formerly at the bottom of the watchlist) to
save the list as a spreadsheet. This feature was quite handy for current bid
comparison and selection of items upon which to focus.

Am I missing this function or is it no longer offered? If not presently
available, are there plans to bring it back?

Thank you
John Bariou

3dAngus

From that, we can assume it is a work in progress.
I just hope they put up the local phone numbers.
Annoying as heck to make a long distance phone call just to get your neighbors phone number.
Sometimes I think these Corporate types sit on their arsenal to much in to many meetings listening to all the local in house bitchen that they forget who their customers are and what their needs are rather then the employees who seem to feel everything need go through them first. Nothing more then job insecurity.

markmontana

I just hope they put up the local phone numbers.
This is for everyone who can't find the local phone numbers- they are listed on the item itself- on the tab called "CONTACT DETAILS"

At least they are for trucks I won at two different locations yesterday!:-D

3d- I know you pointed this out earlier- but this post was not clear- so I added my comment.

Last edited:

lavarok

Slowly I am seeing benefits from the new site. The options missing still bother me, but there are new options. I particularly like when viewing an event the little side bar shows how many lots are in each state listed by state for that particular event.

That saves time instead of sorting the list and then finding the states you want to view.

Changing the display from list to grid view is also handy when you just want to see the photos to quickly scan for items you might be interested in.

I cant say I love it, but its growing on me.

3dAngus

Looks like the engine has been changed, upgraded.

When you type in plural words, singular and plural come up now, making the search engine much more powerful than before. In previous search engines, if you typed a singular word or a plural word, only the singular or the plural would come up. It was a dinosaur by todays standards and made it much more difficult to find some specific items. I love that aspect of it.
Still grieving over them using only one phone number for all locations though. I'm gonna fix that!

Danl

Danl M915A1

two words: IT SUCKS!!!

You cant view "like" lots at the same location anymore.....ugh.
Go back on the site and work with it a little longer It will come around you can see more stuff plus it show the ones you looked at holdind to the right side. At frist I thought the same thing, and not beeing a Geek I felt that this site jest kicked me out of the game , Try again and it will come around .

carbonraptor

And they probably paid a small fortune for it too. My buddy does web site design for major database sites. Im guessing 50k isht for something like this, possibly upwards of 80k but thats mostly for sites like target and what not.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone tried operating their saved searches? Mine all come up with zero results but I can find items I'm looking for on site searches.

Rick

3dAngus

Half mine work,
Half mine don't.

Trying to figure out what the difference is. Nothing obvious in the programming of it. It's gotta be there somewhere...still looking.

quickfarms

The main issue I have is that the select item box has been deleted and now you have to add each item to the watch list individually or add them all.

Other than that it looks like same stuff just with a new look.

They must have gotten a new it genius or they wanted to spend money on something unnecessary.

They need more employees at the sites and at customer service.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks