• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL new website

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You add items to your watch list by clicking on the "eye" under the description. You can also look at all the pictures by clicking on the camera.

3dAngus

I'm now dumbfounded on the search engine. It's inconsistant from day to day on how it works or how effective it is. Puzzling...

Educated guess, they have a couple of different versions running.

trukhead

I opened up the GL site off of an add here on SS and using new Explorer and the old format GL site came up.
I then opened up GL using Mozilla and the new format of the site came up!

MYSTERIOUS!!:tin hat:

All I get with Mozilla is white space where videos are supposed to be in the threads and I have to use Explorer to veiw the videos?!!

WWWAASS Upp wit dat!!!!!!!!!:doghead:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did Gov Liq website just CHANGE?

I went there to look at a couple of bookmarked auctions and it's NOTHING like it was yesterday.

Did I miss something?

It looks a LOT LIKE EBAY NOW...

just wondering

and they DROPPED THE VIDEO PORTION???

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has been changing almost daily now for weeks. I never know what I'm going to get.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I went there to look at a couple of bookmarked auctions and it's NOTHING like it was yesterday.

Did I miss something?

It looks a LOT LIKE EBAY NOW...

just wondering

and they DROPPED THE VIDEO PORTION???
Please post or send me the website address URL.
I would like to follow the GL website too.

Scooteerr

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

unless you have a great paying job, are millionair, or have a credit card with a high limit... never go to GL!!! suddenly you NEED everythingauaauaauaauaaua

but go to GL if you want, but it just feeds the sickness...

ps, GL has an ad in the top left hand corner of this website... click on it (or tap)

Last edited:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The strange part is I've been going to GL for years and it just changed it's look FOR ME today. I've looked at it in the past couple of weeks and it looked exactly the same.

I noticed the threads a couple of months ago, but when I WENT to the GL site, it always looked the same.

3dAngus

Here ya go. Enjoy.

You first register with an account, and username and password. I do not recommend you start out registering under a business name. It can create other problems initially, solve some in the long run though. You can change it to a business account later if you wish.
Once logged on, you may get another web format from another server, but it matters not. It all works basically the same.
Depending on when you access the link, you may get one format for not being logged on, another format once you log on. The old format still pops up a lot if you are NOT logged on. The new web format will always be seen once you log on, but depending on the server you access at the time, you may get different versions of software and different results with search engines and the like. It appears to be a work in progress that would not make it in todays industrial software quality control and management practices.

Link is as follows for inititial start and registration.

Government Surplus Auctions at Government Liquidation

Last edited:

3dAngus

Still grieving over them using only one phone number for all locations though. I'm gonna fix that!
I called GL today and talked to Heidi. Happy to say the web admin team is aware of the lack of phone numbers on individual bases which would give us ease and convenience to call and question or schedule at the specific base or post listing out materials of interest.

She says the team is first working on putting all the correct numbers on the invoices when printed out as paid in full. Once that is done, they will migrate to the web pages and see if they can get the correct number in there under the listings, but did not promise it would be done. She thought they might be done now, or close to it, by puttting the correct local numbers on the invoices for us. I check my invoice today for a Huntsville purchase yesterday, and the correct number was listed for scheduling a pickup. It was not listed correctly on the actual auction listing yet.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I saw the new site......didn't know how to navagate and wound up bidding on 5 tents instead on one....lol anyone need a 16 x 16 tent?
OK
The tents. Are they MASH?.
Please give numbers and weight, poles & stakes included?
If they are in good condition, like usable, how much is one
16x16 tent shipped to 33334 last class cheapest?
particulars please...........

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the 5-ton section and saw the announcement of an M35 A2C in there (hope this is not against rules). This wil probably happen more often. Now the 5-ton fans will ignore this item and most of the deuce fans will not find it. Is this the moment to get an unexpected cheap deuce?! Too bad I am not in the USA, would have loved to follow that one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks