• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knoxville TN, Broke down TN i-40 eastbound near Knoxville

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yep, and I called the THP and the Knoxville PD. Which apparently just put them on the scent of it, because not 30min later I get a call from KPD, saying they are going to call out two wreckers and tow it to the impound lot.

This is just getting better and better. $75 a day, at least $200 for the tow, probably triple that. aua

I'm buying a plane ticket to China, I'm going to the tire factory, and anyone on the property is getting a butt whooping to remember.
OUCHMan, that just sucks.

vtdeucedriver

Just caught this thread. I sent a text to a friend who has a deuce in Knox, he is also a SS member. He lives in Maryville.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, spent all day putting this hitch in.

Real nice, it is used, but it was on craigslist, right down the road from me, and had all the hardware. Leaving at 7 as soon as Craig gets here.

Those of you who have known me for a few years, yes, that is actually the floor in my truck bed! it does exist, or else all the crap I keep in there would fall through!

Attachments

Danger Ranger

Glad to see no one has given up. This trip seems to have turned into a nightmare for those involved...I would smack someone so they would wake up if I were there.

Go get it Ferro!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not as bad for impound costs and wrecker fees that it could have been!

Now drive safe and careful, big can post SS updates :)

Godspeed

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You don't think they are actually gonna reimburse him for the damages, do you Phil?

They'll never admit fault!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wrecker is on the trailer in his pic above. Maybe they did not unload it at all?

Who knows.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At NC welcome center. Holding up well. I've only noticed a decrease in fuel milage, have to look in the mirror to make sure I'm still towing something.

Hose is off of pump, they did unload it and reload it but no real damage. Total weight is 25k. That is 500lbs over per trailer tire. Bed weighes a lot more than everyone thought. I was worried about my truck handling it but it is level and doing just fine.

goldneagle

At NC welcome center. Holding up well. I've only noticed a decrease in fuel milage, have to look in the mirror to make sure I'm still towing something.

Hose is off of pump, they did unload it and reload it but no real damage. Total weight is 25k. That is 500lbs over per trailer tire. Bed weighes a lot more than everyone thought. I was worried about my truck handling it but it is level and doing just fine.
You are lucky you didn't get a ticket for overweight on the trailer. I guess they could have forbid you from moving the trailer while it was over the carrying weight capacity. :oops::oops:

onegmjack

I don't understand? One time a old Dodge or Plymouth pale blue set with the hood up at 81 south at the 40 interchange for I know a year.

Csm Davis

Glad you made it out of Tennessee, but the bed should weigh around 15-16,000, wrecker weighs around 36,000 and a tractor weighs 22,000 so your trailer weighs 9-10,000? Just curious and wondering, hope the rest of your bed move goes better.

Last edited:

rickf

Were there a bunch of posts cut out of here? Got real confusing after he mentioned getting back on the road. Seems like two or maybe three posts missing? Ferro, isn't this wrecker bed going to you? You live in S.C. don't you? Last time I checked you had to go through South Carolina from Tenn. to get too North Carolina. I am REALLY confused.:-?:-?:-?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No posts cut.

It did get complicated/confusing...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks