• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buster70

I'm looking for help in the insurance dept. I recently was looking forward to making a purchase of a Deuce from another SS, but got shot down by my insurance company! I tried to plead my case but was told it was there right to refuse to insure a vehicle. I got the same flack from them years ago when I tried to insure a 1950's Cushman scooters I'd restored! I finally won that one buy showing them others who had done the same. I'm hoping to go back when I cool off and try again. Does anyone have any advise as how to describe to them the use and need of a truck like this, as this was the point they were asking of me when I gave up. I really want to purchase a Deuce soon, as it is to get my dad out of the house and feeling better! He's battling cancer, lung and heart problems, but comes alive when I get him started talking about the Deuces in Nam! He was in the 515th Trans. Road Runners!65-67. Any information would be appreciated!

onegmjack

Welcome to the site.On my insurance the lady as if it was 4x4 and I said yes. I only bought liabilty,did not have truck with me. If I had got full coverage,they would have wanted to inspect it. Maybe someone will chime in with a company that will insure it.

197thhhc

Hagerty is very good. But you have to keep it indoors. Progressive and Geico will insure them also. Are you dealing with an independant agent (broker) or with a company agent. Sometimes the independants are harder to work with. Good luck.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At the risk of pi$$ing someone off why the he!! is it so hard to do a simple freakin search for the numerous insurance threads before starting YAIT (Yet Another Insurance Thread)?

Select search
Type in insurance
Hit the search button

Wade through tons of other threads related to search until you realize YOU are the one who has to find the insurance by calling the agents.

BTW Onegmjack, your truck isn't covered for liability no matter what you think. You have an accident and they find out you lied you are not covered. Hit a carload of kids and maim a few and let us know how it turns out for you.

I'm in a Doghead kind of mood today because I'm NOT at the rally yet.

onegmjack

Steve how did I lie when I gave her the papers DMV gave me. Told her it was a military truck.
Glad your happy today your on a roll.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve how did I lie when I gave her the papers DMV gave me. Told her it was a military truck.
Glad your happy today your on a roll.
Dwight, I believe she said is it a 4x4 and you said yes. Does that qualify?

My ex-mother-in-law is my agent and I have known her about 40 years or more and I can guarantee you the first sign of loss and your insurance company will pull out every weasel term in the book but when they see the truck isn't what it is supposed to be you won't be covered.

I had the same problem at the DMV in Ohio, they wanted to give to the paperwork for a 4x4 Jeep when I said Kaiser Jeep. Wrong!

Let's go with an untruthful representation of the truck in question since lied is a harsh term.

I say all this only because I DO NOT WANT TO SEE you lose everything if you are ever in an accident.

I have Gulfway. Historical plates, they have pics of the truck, they have the serial number of the truck and the odometer reading whenever they ask for it. It is a commercial policy or that's what the cover says with no restrictions about storage or mileage limits or any of the other bull spouted about on the site.

Sorry, I'm not packed and I'M NOT AT THE RALLY. Yes, I'm cranky.

nk14zp

Dwight, I believe she said is it a 4x4 and you said yes. Does that qualify?

My ex-mother-in-law is my agent and I have known her about 40 years or more and I can guarantee you the first sign of loss and your insurance company will pull out every weasel term in the book but when they see the truck isn't what it is supposed to be you won't be covered.

I had the same problem at the DMV in Ohio, they wanted to give to the paperwork for a 4x4 Jeep when I said Kaiser Jeep. Wrong!

Let's go with an untruthful representation of the truck in question since lied is a harsh term.

I say all this only because I DO NOT WANT TO SEE you lose everything if you are ever in an accident.

I have Gulfway. Historical plates, they have pics of the truck, they have the serial number of the truck and the odometer reading whenever they ask for it. It is a commercial policy or that's what the cover says with no restrictions about storage or mileage limits or any of the other bull spouted about on the site.

Sorry, I'm not packed and I'M NOT AT THE RALLY. Yes, I'm cranky.
I too have gulfway and the same cover.

Rodger

Insurance varies with what state you are in.
here in New Mexico my choices were collector's with restrictions or commercial.
Commercial is more expensive, but has no restrictions.

Driving a deuce is more work than a car. Is your dad healthy enough?

If you are in central NM send a p.m. & come drive mine.

Rodger

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks