• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amram

I am have deffinately bulked up since I first bought my truck. Forearms, biceps, and my left leg are pretty big now. Just need to do 1 legged squats on my right leg so I don't look goofy with different sized legs.

Rodger

i don't think one thread can answer all the insurance questions. Different states, needs and trucks.
Also it is usually very new members with insurance questions.
Insuring my Pinzgauer 712 (6x6) in New York was almost impossible , $4,000. a year.
When I got to new Mexico, they called it a pick up truck and insurance was a few hundred a year.
I think the M109 would have been easier in New York. here I had to become a business to get away from collector restrictions. They asked if i had a locking garage, not if the vehicle would fit through the door.

Rodger

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But then again on the EUC I did not inform them I was going to alter it.
Don't get me started about the EUC after I got audited this year.

But suffice it to say that if you sell the truck you are required to have the buyer sign a copy of an EUC that you must keep until he!! freezes over to protect yourself from getting into trouble if they audit you. Since I'm already going that INCLUDES EVERY PIECE you take off a truck and sell. EUC signed and copy kept.

That ONLY applies to anything you purchased from GL with an EUC.

You can imagine how I found all this out........

KsM715

Buster, Who is your insurance thru for your daily driver? You should not have to explain why you want or need a vehicle. If my insurance agent told me it's their right not to insure something I asked them to, then I would tell them it's my right to take all my insurance business elsewhere and tell them to get bent. If I were you I would start shopping around for a new insurance co. forall my insurance needs.

FatBuddhaBoo

I have Gulfway. Historical plates, they have pics of the truck, they have the serial number of the truck and the odometer reading whenever they ask for it. It is a commercial policy or that's what the cover says with no restrictions about storage or mileage limits or any of the other bull spouted about on the site.
Curious who your point of contact is with Gulfway. I've corresponded three times now with them and each time the lady told me they do NOT cover ex-military vehicles for anything BUT collectors insurance (known as Collector's Choice), which comes with a ton of restrictions. I specifically asked about a commercial policy and was told they do not offer one for these vehicles.

Here it is verbatim from the other day:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Scott,[/FONT]

No, we do not offer a policy that would cover more than what is described as permissible use on the forms you were sent (Collector's Choice). The description on the forms we sent determine the eligibility and if the use is other than those in the description then you would not qualify for the program.

Anyone that contacts our agency for an insurance quote is told of the usage guidelines. If people are providing you with other information, it is contrary to what this insurance program is for.

Thanks,

Gulfway Insurers of Hudson Inc
12701 U S Hwy 19
Bayonet Point FL 34667
Phone (727)863-5451 or (800)940-5010

nmdata

Curious about how State Farm insures these. Called several agents locally and all said their underwriters told them no way they do.

Thanks.
progressive commercial will insure them, for $545/yr or roughly $52/mo. I found out today that travelers insurance will also cover them under a commercial policy anywhere from $350 to $750 depending on what you pick for $$ amounts on your coverage. It is cheaper than my car insurance with farmers. I have gone to 26+ agencies in the past week and most turned me down unless i went commercial. For the unlimited travel and no restrictions, that commercial insurance sounds better than hagerty or gulfway or even jc taylor. as you read this, the coverages i was quoted for was the 100k/300k/100k and the 250k/750k/500k coverages. after all the truck does weigh a few tons and may as well be a tank.

FatBuddhaBoo

progressive commercial will insure them, for $545/yr or roughly $52/mo. I found out today that travelers insurance will also cover them under a commercial policy anywhere from $350 to $750 depending on what you pick for $$ amounts on your coverage. It is cheaper than my car insurance with farmers. I have gone to 26+ agencies in the past week and most turned me down unless i went commercial. For the unlimited travel and no restrictions, that commercial insurance sounds better than hagerty or gulfway or even jc taylor. as you read this, the coverages i was quoted for was the 100k/300k/100k and the 250k/750k/500k coverages. after all the truck does weigh a few tons and may as well be a tank.
Thanks, I'll try both of them tomorrow or Monday. Did you mention ex-military vehicle or simple type of truck?

nmdata

Thanks, I'll try both of them tomorrow or Monday. Did you mention ex-military vehicle or simple type of truck?
yes and also that it was a 6x6. they looked it up on google while i was on the phone and were amazed. i figured out that if you pit them against each other, they will go LOW on the insurance and find a way to be competitive. the joys of rivalry lol.

Retrieve your Progressive Commercial quote online, or call us anytime.

Thanks for quoting with Progressive!

Your quote number is *********
Your 12-month policy premium is $533.00 if paid in full or a downpayment of $144.75 with 9 monthly payments of $53.25.
We make it easy to decide on the policy that best fits you.

FatBuddhaBoo

$533 a year is pretty spendy, I insure my Deuce for $198 a year. Gulfway.
True, but as others have mentioned, I'd hate to get into an incident only to have the insurance company drop me when they deem I was driving it "outside of their limitations".

Perhaps Gulfway will do for now until the decision comes to make it a more regular driver....

steelandcanvas

I don't think I'm driving "outside of their limitations". I sent 4 photos of the Deuce as requested, and had a nice long chat with Carol. I would assume after that, they should be pretty familiar with what they're insuring.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This has come up before about restrictions on Gulfway. I have pulled the policy out and read it twice. I found no restrictions. Like I said, they can tell you in an e-mail, phone or letter lots of things but if it isn't in the policy it does not matter. It's sort of like enlistment papers.....

If I'm bored maybe I will read my policy again or take it to my local agent and have them review it. There is a chance I could be wrong but I can read.

FatBuddhaBoo

I don't think I'm driving "outside of their limitations". I sent 4 photos of the Deuce as requested, and had a nice long chat with Carol. I would assume after that, they should be pretty familiar with what they're insuring.
What I posted above came from Carol; I've spoken with Donna as well.

Regardless, I emailed them the info today as I need something so I can get it registered. Don't plan on doing much driving in the next year, so this will work for now...

BTW...

Geico Commercial - $1000+ per year w/ bare minimum coverage...no way!
Travelers referred me to Hagerty - $200 per year but must be stored indoors and locked!
Progressive Commercial referred me to a local agent - still waiting for a call back.

:beer:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks