• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carnage in mississippi

sandcobra164

Ok, guys, the man bought the trucks at less than scrap value from GL I presume. He's offering up parts for cheap, ie a running 250 for $1,000 or less. The metal has weight, it's worth quite a bit in that form and last but not least, "We can't save them all". I've got a really nice M923 sitting in my front yard (not mine) that was a newer rebuild truck that the owner paid about 3,700 for through auction. CSM Davis has mentioned that he has trucks that he will sell. He's cutting up the "Basket Cases". That's not a Carnage deal, he's cutting up trucks that need more work than what the current market want's to work on. It may look bad but he's got to make a few bucks out of the operation or I doubt he would do it at all. Call him and pony up a few bucks and I'm sure you can save one of the M939 or M809 series 5 tons he has in his yard.

Last edited:

Mack Attack

Banned
at least he is sharing, I have bought vehicles cheap and scraped them all whole to make side money a few times in the past. 1930's-1950's vintage vehicles scrapped them by the truck loads. I almost never saved a thing nor sold parts. Drug them out into rows, smashed them flat, and stack them on the trailer and off we went to the crusher.

that was back in my 20's i did it a few times when i was 50's. so its almost been 20 years ago.

I guess what im saying be thankful he ain't doing it how i once did rofl

Csm Davis

Re: Carnage in mississippi !!!!!!

Okay update, if you want big parts and I have not talked to you by phone, call me today the Steel mill is going to take any heavy pieces that are not called for tomorrow! They are going to crush the cabs and cut the axles and motors and haul them off. If you think I forgot you call, I am trying to pull all I can afford to buy to resale after they are gone but don't have much left to spend, think putting fat kid in charge of candy store with his piggy bank and a hammer in hand, then tell him he can have all he can buy. :eek::what::D

Csm Davis

Had big day and got a good but done trailboss and goldeneagle and four other guys and me worked all day pulling stuff.
And we have a extra week due to weather!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff:
I still need air intake, upper end of the snorkel and cap, as well as a exhaust stack plus my pile of goodies on the trailer!
James

goldneagle

I am glad to hear you got more time! I need to see when I can get away and come see you again!
I got you the parts you requested: L-switch bracket, pick up tube for fuel tank, (Jeff would not let the RED wrecker light go) you will need to talk to him about it. I tried but he would not give it up!

Csm Davis

May need to bring a boat to get in there sorry folks I can't get in to back lot to get or check on parts soon as it dries out some we will sell more

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just had this link sent to me and might solve everyone's.....can't get in because it's too wet problem. The reason I thought I'd post here is it can be built with spare parts......and you have some! It's could be called carnage in Mississippi.

It's under a few titles "Home built all-terrain-vehicle on thin ice".

Never get stuck again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLnSlJVAsvU
http://www.dump.com/thinice/

Csm Davis

That will get me back there but still can't get most of the heavy stuff done need a floating wrecker, but if I had the money for those big old tires I would have some on one of my trucks but alas don't have the twelve thousand to buy the wheels and tires.

Csm Davis

This is Amy Jeff's girlfriend. He has had a stroke we are at the hospital now. Everything at the house has been shut down for now until we know more of how things are going to be. But I know Jeff and these trucks he will be back at it before long. I will keep ya'll posted if he doesn't have a fit to get on here and do it himself.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OH NO!! I was just on the phone with him around 0930, and he sounded bad at first but sounded better the longer we talked. Tell him we're all pulling for him and praying for a speedy recovery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks