• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

goldneagle's M923 recovery and modification thread

ptrjason

Wow, I could only hope to have a truck like that one day. But registration in California would probably be what I would pay for the truck. I am looking forward to the progress, and I will stick to my little M101A3 trailer build whenever I get her.

AMAZING WORK!!!

goldneagle

Wow, I could only hope to have a truck like that one day. But registration in California would probably be what I would pay for the truck. I am looking forward to the progress, and I will stick to my little M101A3 trailer build whenever I get her.

AMAZING WORK!!!
Thanks for the compliment. The paint was dry this morning thanks to running the ceramic heater all day and night! Installed the air-ride seat and bolted it down to the floor pan. I had already installed a 1/8" steel plate to the bottom of the pedestal that matched the plate on the bottom of the springer seat. All the holes were drilled to match the original plate. I also attached the seat belts and short support straps from the back wall. I ran the 1/4" black tubing from the shot-off valve under the hood through a hole in the floor next to the air-ride seat location. I used a quick connect coupling to attach the 2 air hoses together. The seat fit great! I grabbed the rubber floor mat and installed it back in the cab. Had to trim a little for the front of the pedestal. I did not get a chance to take pictures since i was already late hitting the road to Jeff Davis's place. I will hopefully take some tomorrow (weather permitting).

I pick up a bunch of items for the truck and my other truck from Jeff Davis's carnage in Mississippi. Will be installing and repairing a few items on the truck. Stand by for further updates.

goldneagle

Since the weather was ****ty today I decided to do some quick projects. I replaced the window crank handle on the driver's side due to cracked knob. I also lubricated the tracks at the bottom of the window so that the window would go up and down smoother. I use petroleum jelly as the lube.

I also replaced the windshield washer assembly since the plastic barbed ends were broken off. I also install a ether canister that I got from Jeff Davis's place yesterday. It's only partially filled, but better than nothing. I have additional parts that I need to install later. I'm just trying to get my truck in tip top shape.

goldneagle

You might need that ether down there in Louisiana...it gets real cold down there in the south...! All those cold starts...lol.
:mrgreen:roflroflrofl:rolleyes:
It does go down into the teens on rare occasions in the Winter here.

It didn't cost that much!
At least it is there if i need it.
Also didn't take much time installing it.
It filled an empty slot.
I might travel North during cold weather.

CAN ANYONE COME UP WITH MORE REASONS?

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a photo of GE picking through Jeff's motorpool carnage location or "Palace of Parts". By the time I got to see his truck, it was dark-thiry and I was blinded by the LED headlights, so no photos.

20130107_134505.jpg

goldneagle

Here is a picture of the bypass filter installation with the silicone heater hoses attached:

Silicone_Hoses_1.jpg

Here is the air line feed for the driver's air-ride seat:

Seat_Feed_Line_1.jpg

Here are pictures inside the cab with the air-ride seat:

Cab_1b.jpgCab_Floor_1.jpgCab_Floor_1a.jpgCab_1a.jpgCab_1.jpgSeat_1a.jpgSeat_1.jpg

goldneagle

Here is the Spare Tire lock install:

Spare_Lock_1.jpg

I also fabricated a lockable cover to go over the fuel cap. This is mostly to keep someone from contaminating the fuel supply. The fixed strainer is enough to keep people from siphoning the fuel, but my cover keeps anyone from tampering with the fuel! I did not weld it in place yet, but its all ready to install.

Fuel_Cover_1.jpgFuel_Cover_1a.jpgFuel_Cover_1b.jpgFuel_Cover_1c.jpgFuel_Cover_1d.jpg

doolest

goldneagle...great work and pics....what seat did you use...the gi factory seat in our totally lacks "rideability" especially since i lack my own padding back there...we are looking to upgrade to an air-ride....i also like the lockable fuel cover

goldneagle

goldneagle...great work and pics....what seat did you use...the gi factory seat in our totally lacks "rideability" especially since i lack my own padding back there...we are looking to upgrade to an air-ride....i also like the lockable fuel cover
I think it is a Freightliner. I buy used air-ride seats from SEMIPARTSMAN on Ebay. They sell used truck parts on Ebay. I paid $225 shipped for the seat.

SLOrazorsedge

i like the insulation replacement under the hardtop! I'm redoing my hardtop now and removed all the rotten painted foam. BTW did you guys see the 4 hardtops in the GL auction today go for $1500-1700 bucks? Unbelievable particularly as they were stored upside down and were full of rainwater....

What is the aluminum foil insulation you used and how thick is it?

goldneagle

i like the insulation replacement under the hardtop! I'm redoing my hardtop now and removed all the rotten painted foam. BTW did you guys see the 4 hardtops in the GL auction today go for $1500-1700 bucks? Unbelievable particularly as they were stored upside down and were full of rainwater....

What is the aluminum foil insulation you used and how thick is it?
It is 1/4" thick (I used 3 layers) I bought it at Home Depot. They sell it in 2' and 4' wide rolls. I used Scotch 77 spray glue to attach.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks