• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any interest in winch top plates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridgerunner

Wish someone would make them for the 5ton winch. Both my top plate and plate on the back side are bent outward by quite a bit.
Are the 5-ton and Deuce winch top plates the same looking, just the 5-ton is dimensionally larger?

If so, I can do them also, at the same time. I'll just need accurate dimensions to make them for a 5-ton.

Ridgerunner

Anyone make the rear plate?
I can do the rear one also, but it would be soild, and not have the three square holes cut into it. I would serve the same purpose (maybe even stronger ?), but it would not be correct for a full on restoration.

If you really needed the square holes in the rear plate, I could Plasma cut them into it, but would prefer not to.

KsM715

Are the 5-ton and Deuce winch top plates the same looking, just the 5-ton is dimensionally larger?

If so, I can do them also, at the same time. I'll just need accurate dimensions to make them for a 5-ton.

I took a quik measurment today of the top plates on both the deuce and 5 ton. I belive the deuce was something about 4-3/4 wide and the 5ton is about 5" wide and longer then the deuce. But basically the same shallow u shaped channel.

I will get some more accurate measurments tomorrow.

Last edited:

deathrowdave

I had a sheet fab. shop make mine a year ago or so. Used a hole saw to drill holes in the back plate and cut between the drilled holes . Worked great , wish I could have purchased them for your asking price, cost me $ 40.00 each !!

Ridgerunner

Today so far I sheared up and formed, 12 winch top plates and 7 rear winch plates for Deuces. If anyone wants any of these right away, I can send them out on this coming Monday (Oct 10) without any mounting holes, if you want to put them in yourself.

or...

If your not in a hurry, I don't work Fridays, and that's the day that I do my own side stuff in my shop. So I'll make a layout transfer punch jig and finish machining the mounting holes then, and can send the plates out after that process.

Send me a PM if your interested in front or back winch plates, and with or without holes.

thanks

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This is what makes the USA so great, someone found a need and filled it, another SMALL BUSNESS is started

F18hornetM

Looks nice, what gauge did you make them out of? I had a spare sheet of 10 ga when I made mine, but wasnt sure what thickness it was supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.