• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any interest in winch top plates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridgerunner

The winch top plate on my Bobbed Deuce is pretty trashed. The previous owner used bolts for a shear pin, and by the looks of the top plate had run the chain/grabhook in, on more than a few occasions:roll:

Any ways, I'm going to make a new top plate for my truck, and wanted to know if there was anyone else that needed one also. That way I can cut a few out at the same time while I have material on the shear, and form them on the break press while the proper dies and back gage are set up to do mine.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

steelandcanvas

Both my top plate and back plate are deformed from some knuckehead Airman sucking the grab-hook past them. I would be interested in (2) of them. Jay at Saturn Surplus has new dataplates that could be riveted on for someone interested in the OEM look.

eagle4g63

Yeah, would like a new top plate....

Had a mishap one day....left the front lever engaged(thought the pto lever in neutral would be OK!) and when I shut the truck down....somehow the pto grabbed just enough to suck in the cable...big bang...went to investigate and found bent top plate and sheared pin!!! OOPS, don't leave wench lever in the engaged position ANY MORE.

Yes this was also in the first couple of weeks of owning the truck and after the first time using wench.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need one also depending on price.

I've got a press brake but if you're going to set yours up to do it I'd just as soon get one from you. No need to worry about the holes in mine. I can drill them myself no problem (once you're set up it will take much longer to lay out and drill the holes than it will be to make the plate).

ODdave

Im in for a few depending on price. Mine could be hole exempt as well. Wouldnt mind picking them up in person so I can see your truck.

Ridgerunner

How does $24 for a winch top plate sound? This would be without the small 1/8" (just a guess on size) mounting holes for the data plates.

I'm leaving the data plate mounting holes out, because data plates seem to vary from winch to winch. I've seen them with two data plates, and up tp five data plates attached. And I think (hope anyways) that anyone that would own a Deuce is capable of of drilling the small holes themselves, to match their own data plates. This way, everyone that does buy one, can say that they provided a hand in making there own, winch top plate:p

I will charge you, only the exact amount for shipping that is required to get the plate to you, and also provide a tracking number, once it's shipped. I don't want to do a standard shipping price, so that the guy that's 150 miles away would pay the same as the guy 2500 miles away in California would pay.

Does this sound like a fair price?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, I'll give $24 for one.

Don't make them like the one in the pic though. Just bend them and leave them square on the ends. That how all I've ever seen was made.

Ridgerunner

Don't make them like the one in the pic though. Just bend them and leave them square on the ends. That how all I've ever seen was made.
Yes, I was going to make them like the standard winch plate. I don't know why the plate on my bobber has the ends trimmed off like it does. Never seen another like it before.

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will look and see if any of mine are bent.
You think you could or someone make the battery hold down bracketts.
I run two of the napa batterys in my Deuce and just two in my 5 tons. Would need bracketts made for both. Forget the class and I will look tomorrow but it's the one that has the threaded stud. class 73 or something. I Could send a 5 ton brackett to template and just need the batterys centered in the middle of the frame work.
I don't buy the 6tl anymore.

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto for me on the top plate. I just finished purchasing everything to make my deuce a w/w truck, and my top plate is in replacement mode.

KsM715

Wish someone would make them for the 5ton winch. Both my top plate and plate on the back side are bent outward by quite a bit.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish someone would make them for the 5ton winch. Both my top plate and plate on the back side are bent outward by quite a bit.
That should be doable just like the deuce plates. You'll only need different dimensions.

hippiedude

I would be in for one or two for my M211 winch .............No holes just in case the winch is different than the M35 winch ...... Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks