• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

002 flywheel position for IP install

Silverbulletsmith

I've read hours and hours on here about these gennys, and I know I've seen where it's been discussed but I can't find it again.

As I recall, you insert an 1/8" rod in the little port on the side of the IP, position the flywheel to a mark, and bolt it on.

Could someone please give me a pointer?

Thanks in advance!

Grant

Silverbulletsmith

Jerry,

I've got the blower cover removed, so I can use either the blower or the flywheel (between engine and genny).
Just need correct engine position relative to IP with 1/8" rod installed.

storeman

Silver bullet,
You need to go to the TM and read the timing section. The index you use is the pointer over an open hole just below and to the left of the IP. It lines up with PC marks on the flywheel (versus fan). Rotate carefully until lined up with PC center mark then install IP. Go only in direction fan blades dig in (can't remember clockwise or counter) someone will chime in and clarify. If you go past marks, keep going, don't reverse or you pickup system slack.
Jerry :beer:

Last edited: