• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

003A Down. Had to buy another generator.

Chainbreaker

Look at the E2 and E3 electric fuel pumps. Are they EXACTLY the same? Or are they two different types. Look for the part numbers on them. Facet makes several different pumps, that all LOOK the same, but are not. The pump that is suposed to be on the set, is a flow through type. That means when one fails, the other keeps pumping, THROUGH the failed pump. If the pumps are not flow through type pumps, then you get this sort of failure.
Definitely worth verifying that the proper pumps are installed. The numbers in -24P manual and on my units show the * Facet PN 480517E (stamped on mounting flange). Here's how to locate the P/N.

* Note the user review below the data sheet in the link above regarding the Facet 480517E

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

Look at the E2 and E3 electric fuel pumps. Are they EXACTLY the same? Or are they two different types. Look for the part numbers on them. Facet makes several different pumps, that all LOOK the same, but are not. The pump that is suposed to be on the set, is a flow through type. That means when one fails, the other keeps pumping, THROUGH the failed pump. If the pumps are not flow through type pumps, then you get this sort of failure.
Yes, they are these same correct part number. When it dies I can open the petcock on the final filter and the pumps speed up and are giving good pressure.

Jeepsinker

I have a MEP-003a about 10-15 miles from you (in a shed on the family ranch on Hwy 26 about 10 miles east of DeRidder) doing the exact same thing, I have a spare injection pump for it, just have not found time to get it installed.
I'm actually in Dry Creek over on Hwy 394, so closer than you thought. You know the place with the big blue shop and the military trucks? That's me.

Jeepsinker

I would recommend that once you sort out the problem that you run the generator at least once per month. I test run mine religiously once per month with the whole house on the load. I run it a minimum of 30 minutes during test runs. We also have numerous power outages which exercise the genset, some lasting several days and one over a week. I've had my MEP003A for 11 years now and have never had a failure.
That's great advice and I normally do that Gary. Problem is that I've been in Korea for the past five months. I think the plunger stuck before because the fuel had just gotten too old.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks